Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im installing my doug thorley headers on my 06 4 cylinder and was wondering where do I go to find the gaskets for the headers and the other flange. Devilrunner said I could just reuse the gaskets since they're really well made, but I want to at least try to look for some.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Idk. I want to try and find them tomorrow. Edwin says there good enough to reuse, but i rather play it safe and not get an exhaust leak. Idk if a napa store would have them or something. The guy at autozone looked at me like i was stupid and said he might be able to order them.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im just trying to figure out if its ok to reuse them. Every search on the internet i get says you shouldnt reuse them and so does my friend. But edwin says him and his exhaust guy said this that you can just reuse the stock nissan gaskets cause they're so good. Then i also did a search and found some doug thorley related things that said reusing oem gaskets is better. IDK!!!!:comphead:

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess ill have to do that. i just wanted to see if anyone was like " NO never ever reuse gaskets." Cause thats what i thought. Im afraid of blowing something up or something like that.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
just a thought. why dont you go buy a new set of oem type gaskets? its not like they have special ones just because of the headers.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yah im just wondering. like where the flip do i go to find the oem ones. whatever will fit i dont care. ill pay the money as long as its not rediculously priced. better than an exhaust leak

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
most places dont have stuff like that for our trucks yet. When i was getting my brake lines made, not even the dealer carried them.
an auto store doesnt even carry 2nd gen exhaust gaskets? i find that hard to believe

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
most places dont have stuff like that for our trucks yet. When i was getting my brake lines made, not even the dealer carried them.
Yah man. Ill probably check the napa store tomorrow and just have to use the stock gaskets. Thanks for all the help though. Im installing the headers and intake tomorrow. I did the underdash lighting today and will put pics up later. Also put in my weathertechs. hahaha

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
an auto store doesnt even carry 2nd gen exhaust gaskets? i find that hard to believe
cause nissan hasnt sold the rights to felpro to produce there version....you would be surprised how many parts dont exist aftermarket wise for alot of vehicles cause special material or its complexity or the manufacturer trying to keep the rights for themselves for as long as they can....

·
Registered
192 Posts
umm.. I just searched and I see felpro gaskets on rockauto.com

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well guys i installed my custom cai for my 2.5 today and it is sick. I didnt get to the headers, but Im going to install them tomorrow. BUT, i did go to an open dealer today and picked up a new head gasket for $18. Oh well on the price, I feel better using a new gasket. Thanks for your guys help.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
umm.. I just searched and I see felpro gaskets on rockauto.com
yea but find out when they actually got a hold of the rights to produce there own...lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.