Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Frontier CC Nismo. Anyone have experience with aftermarket headlight bulbs. I was thinking about putting some Nokya stage II halogens, but they run at about 100 watts. Will the stock wiring harness hold up? If not that, then maybe a Bi=Xenon HID kit is my other option. Also, I'm looking into some led bulbs for the turn signals stop kights and reverse lights. If anyone has any feedback or recommendation, then that would be great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Replaced Mine

I just replaced my stock headlight bulbs with some Sylvania Night Hawk bulbs. They are still 65/55 watt. I can't honestly tell any difference. The brights are still tow dim even though bulbs are supposed to be 20% brighter. I really think Nissan under poweedr the headlights.
I wish they were like the lights in my wifes 2005 Murano. Now those are some awesome headlights. I think the issue is the reflector and housing, not so much the bulbs. Let me know what you try and if it helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try those Nokya 100w/120w. I hope they don't burn the wires though. By the way does your wifes Murano have the HID (High Intensity Discharge) Headlghts?? If so, that may be why they are so bright. I thinlk the hid systems in some of the Nissan's will fit on the Frontier. I'll have to do some more research. I'll post more when I find ourt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried the LED bulbs and as I thought, they did not work entirely. The turn signal works in the front, but the running clearance light does not. Basically same bulb, but only one filament works (Even though leds dont have filaments, the other circuit doesn't work). Same thing with the rear too except the running light works, but no brake light will come on. So I pretty gave up on the LED project. I could get them to work, but dont feel like splicing any of my wires. Oh welll. As for the headlights I tried some Nokya stage 2 bulbs. They burn at 100 watts. I used some in my old Maxima. They were crap though. They were alot dimmer than the stock bulbs. I probably have to get a Bi-Xenon HID kit for the Fronty to get brighter more wide range lighting. Hope this helps anyone interested in this type of thing. Any comments ot suggestions are welcome

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Two Cents

Not sure if Infiniti is planning on making a version of the Pathfinder again but the old versions had HID headlights as a factory option. I would guess if they are made they would have HID's.

Second, members of Frontier Forum said the Silverstar part number 9007 ST makes a huge difference in the headlights. They also suggested re-adjusting them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
headlights and hid's

I have been modding headlight housings for about 4 years now to fit hid's into non-hid housings. Now they make kits for this to make it plug and play. Unfortunatley they don't make bi-xenon or hi/lo plug and play conversions for the 9007 or 9004 only the H4 style bulbs. You would have to modifiy your orginal housings to put some type of bmw/audi/acura/mercedes/etc. type projector and hid control unit in to make this true bi-xenon. Or modifiy you housing to project properly with an h4 bi-xenon conversion. However you can get the normal hid plug and play conversions but you will unfortunately lose your high beams. Even with the lose of your HIgh beams you will probably find that the hid in just the low beam will light up enough even in the mountians without the need of the High beams. The only bulb only upgrades that I have experience with is PIAA these are the only ones that make a difference with being dot legal and having a brighter light output without needing to upgrade the wiring harness. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
HID fog lights

FYI - I had previously upgraded my headlights (2005 CC Nismo) with a set of Vision Plus headlight bulbs and a heavy duty headlight wire harness to get maximum light. Not being satisfied with the result, and spoiled from the HID on my prior car, I just finished upgrading the fog lights with HID. Used a McCulloch H11 HID conversion kit and installed it over the weekend. Could not have been an easier installation - there is so much room by the fog's and the components are so small the install was ridiculously easy. And the kit was plug and play with only a minor mod needed on the male plug to the OEM harness to ensure a tight connection. I went with McCulloch based on previous experience that they were high quality and worked well. Used a 5000K kit.

What a difference. If you are looking to improve your night vision this works great. I have hi and lo beam headlights, but with the HID fog's (and readjusting the height of the lamp using the built in adjuster) the total beam spread (distance and width) is great and the color is excellent. I finally have headlights like on my old Infiniti G35 and feel like I can see the road good at night. Best part is the fog's are down low enough that I am not blinding anyone, unless of course they stare straight into them which happens no matter what. And when you look at my truck it looks totally stock. I'm very happy. :D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have the HID but like 05_Electric_Blue_Nismo I lost my High beam. I plan on putting a westin bull bar with lights and focus those for high beam.These lights are great, they light up the road. The fog light idea sounds pretty cool,got any pics?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't want to insult you but I'm just curious of what bulb number were you trying to use for the LEDs. I don't know anything about the 05 and not much more of the 03 that I have. I know that for GM that there are 2 bulbs that are the same size and shape and fit eachothers socket. (1156 and 1157) One is a single filliment and the other is a dual filliment. They do make LED replacement bulbs for the 2 bulbs, just make sure that you have the right bulb in the right socket. :idea: . No insult intended!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
gfronty - what HID kit did you use? And do you have any CAN problems?

·
Registered
224 Posts
NismoFrontier17 said:
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try those Nokya 100w/120w. I hope they don't burn the wires though. By the way does your wifes Murano have the HID (High Intensity Discharge) Headlghts?? If so, that may be why they are so bright. I thinlk the hid systems in some of the Nissan's will fit on the Frontier. I'll have to do some more research. I'll post more when I find ourt.
i had this bulb on mine 9007 arctic white nokya 100w/120w stage II and got an upgrade wiring harness(plug and play)set up

·
Registered
6 Posts
there is a sub connector for the nissan headlight harness and it was made fro the 100 watt bulbs I have the link somewhere when i find it I will post it for you guys

·
Registered
224 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts