Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2016 and only has 400 miles, so I'm assuming this issue was present from the factory. The keyless entry will ONLY work when the key is in the ACC or On position. The dome lights will ONLY work in the same situation. I'm not sure if this is also related, but the hazard lights in the cluster stay illuminated (solid) for 1+ minute after start unless I turn the hazards on and then off again. I searched the site and found the same question in the Introduce yourself section but no answers. My wife is highly pi$$ed off that this is happening on a brand new truck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is that transit mode or whatever that's called? When I bought mine it was in that mode and it was doing funky stuff with the lights and it was at closing time and the service department was closed and none of the sales guys could figure it out. You'd think they would know about transit mode... but came back in the morning and the tech did the little sequence of moves and it was normal in like 10 seconds.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Try this

1.TRANSIT MODE CANCEL OPERATION
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Do the following at the same time for 2 seconds:
- Move front wiper switch to HI position (all the way down)
- Move turn signal switch to left position (all the way down)

2.TRANSIT MODE CANCEL CHECK
1. Turn front wiper switch and turn signal switch OFF.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Check that turn signal indicators in combination meter do not turn ON.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I seem to recall something about a master as well. When I bought mine, when the salesman and I found it in the back of the lot, it still had all the shipping paper and plastic on the interior, he had to have a tech come and check to make sure the master fuse was installed and it was out of transit mode. I think he said something about if it wasn't, after so many miles it would stop running.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem Solved

Try this

1.TRANSIT MODE CANCEL OPERATION
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Do the following at the same time for 2 seconds:
- Move front wiper switch to HI position (all the way down)
- Move turn signal switch to left position (all the way down)

2.TRANSIT MODE CANCEL CHECK
1. Turn front wiper switch and turn signal switch OFF.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Check that turn signal indicators in combination meter do not turn ON.
Problem Solved. I followed the steps above and everything seems as it should be. No flasher lights, key fobs work and dome lights work like they are supposed to. Thanks for the assistance.::smile::

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
SMH not again

Just another tech not completing the dealer acceptance inspection. Please check your tire pressures too, they might be around 45psi or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Already did and it was spot on. I climbed over and under that truck checking everything I could. Sales manager thought I was nuts. Said everything had been double checked. While I got a smoking deal on the truck, I'm gonna have to go back and change my review on the dealership. Something that simple shouldn't have been over looked.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah it's crazy how these sales guys don't even seem to know what Transit Mode is... When it happened to me I kept thinking, this has never happened before, really?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Already did and it was spot on. I climbed over and under that truck checking everything I could. Sales manager thought I was nuts. Said everything had been double checked. While I got a smoking deal on the truck, I'm gonna have to go back and change my review on the dealership. Something that simple shouldn't have been over looked.
I would recommend leaving your review with the dealer as it is. Like Blue Devil says, it's probably just some "Get Ready" tech overlooking the procedure. And... the dealer gave you a good deal.

Reactions: Blue Devil
1 - 9 of 9 Posts