Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I believe there is an asterisk, and a note that a weight distributing hitch is used over a certain load.
Hauling tractors is usually easier than box type trailers as they are easy to shift tongue weights, there by changing trailer handling characteristics. They are also less affected by wind. All that said the s100 is all your going to haul after putting in trailer weight, but hey it still has a 1000lb payload.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Few notes to the poster...

- A weight distributing hitch is 100% necessary if you plan to tow any kind of big load (i'll throw out a number of 2500lbs or more)

- Trailer brake controler 100% necessary for anything over 1500lbs IMO - it's a safety thing.. (yes i know, a lot of boat trailors for good size boats don't have them)

- You could have answered this question yourself by researching the weight of the item you are looking to pull, adding the weight of the trailor to that, and then figuring out if it comes in below 6100lbs.

From my experiance, I've towed on occasion my car to the track.

3400 for the car
1100 for the trailor (full wood deck, full size steel flat bed trailor)
300 lbs of tools, spare parts, tires and wheels, jack jack stands, ect in the bed
4800lbs load, not counting 375lbs of passanger in the cab, a full tank of fuel, and a cooler with food and drink it it.. The truck towed GREAT.... for a 6cylinder. In all honesty it shocked the crap out of me, but if you are planning on doing any type of daily towing with it, get a bigger truck.

Loads like the above and heavier should only be a once in a while type ordeal, if it's not your just looking for the weak link.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts