Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
its all about gross weight dude! if the numbers jive, why the hell not! but funny you mentioned that because i too have recently wondered the same thing as far as getting one for business. well a boxer or a dingo that is. you find out and let me know!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
You talking pull or haul?

I don't think hauling would be a good idea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe you should check the owners manual.

Yeah since the owners manual gives first hand experience on how a truck reacts under this type of paticular load. You failed at trying to be a smart a$$, try again fool.

its all about gross weight dude! if the numbers jive, why the hell not! but funny you mentioned that because i too have recently wondered the same thing as far as getting one for business. well a boxer or a dingo that is. you find out and let me know!
I thought about just hooking one up to a 16' trailer and just seeing what it would do, the loading and unloading issue is where I see most of the issue. I was just wondering if it would lift the a$$ end of the truck up or if the truck had enough power/weight to keep it steady on the road.

You talking pull or haul?

I don't think hauling would be a good idea.
You know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
how much does it weigh with the trailer? I imagine that a bob cat with trailer is over 5000lbs but I really dunno.

I towed my parents boat one time and the truck did pull it but it was not a lot of fun. The boat plus trailer weighed just under 5000lbs. The truck stopped fine but had a lot of trouble accelerating and keeping up to speed on the highway.

Just find out the total weight and that will answer your question for the most part.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
loading and unloading is no big deal, just block the rear of the trailer if it is not supported by the ramps. here is a chart, click on a size and it will give you the specs Choose the right model of loader - skid steer loaders - Bobcat Company
I would see if you could get a cat, as they are easier to run if you have any seat time. They use a standard excavator control pattern instead of foot controls for the bucket and boom.

their smallest one is fairly large though Caterpillar: Products>Machines>Skid Steer Loaders>216B Series 2

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
What are your plans for the bobcat?
Pretty well any reasonable sized bobcat is over weight before you even add a trailer to it, you might be able to get some real small one, but then you are really limited to what you can do with it. And would take longer than a larger machine to accomplish a given task. I'm pretty sure you need a full sized truck to haul a machine like that.

I would look at something like the S185. It's a good average sized machine.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yeah since the owners manual gives first hand experience on how a truck reacts under this type of paticular load. You failed at trying to be a smart a$$, try again fool.

I thought about just hooking one up to a 16' trailer and just seeing what it would do, the loading and unloading issue is where I see most of the issue. I was just wondering if it would lift the a$$ end of the truck up or if the truck had enough power/weight to keep it steady on the road.

You know what I mean.
you ask a very vague questions and give no details... you expect us to "know what you mean." therefore what you get is a vague answer, but in reality is a very good answer. The owners manual provides all the data
you need to know about payload and towing capacities. so, please don't be a lazy and read your owners manual.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you ask a very vague questions and give no details... you expect us to "know what you mean." therefore what you get is a vague answer, but in reality is a very good answer. The owners manual provides all the data
you need to know about payload and towing capacities. so, please don't be a lazy and read your owners manual.
You're a dumba$$, I asked if a frontier could handle the load of the bob cat. That's real vague, go play in the street kid and get the hell out of my thread: post whore............

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You're a dumba$$, I asked if a frontier could handle the load of the bob cat. That's real vague, go play in the street kid and get the hell out of my thread: post whore............
Ohh I know what you're talking about... You can fit a bobcat in your bed no problem! They only weigh on average up to 40lbs! Wikipedia

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
whats small? ive seen bobcats from 3000 - 10000lbs

know what i mean

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ohh I know what you're talking about... You can fit a bobcat in your bed no problem! They only weigh on average up to 40lbs! Wikipedia

Keep trying kid............

whats small? ive seen bobcats from 3000 - 10000lbs

know what i mean
Probably something along the 610 series, I am not quite sure. I was looking to see if anyone has actually pulled one and trying to see what the weight of that particular machine was before I bought something I couldn't pull. I love my frontier so I don't want to buy a new truck if I can get around it.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
the easy answer is NO. You can not pull a loaded bob cat and trailer safely with a frontier. Unless its gross weight is under 5000lbs combined. You have to research the weight of the cat and trailer.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
The website says towing capacity of 6100lbs but that's for a 2009 model, I don't have a manual or i'd see what it says.
I think they are rated 5500lbs but like i already told you. I have towed about 4800lbs and the truck towed like crap. If you plan to tow around that or more you will want more of a truck.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts