Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Hate your paint?

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Mfed 
#1 · (Edited)
Cow Mountain has your solution! If your nice, shiny paint job is getting on your nerves just point your headlights toward Cow Mountain in NorCal and all your troubles will melt away. Or at least get scraped right off...>:D

No complaints here though - I didn't buy the truck for resale or trade-in value. I'll try to buff it out and see what happens but I'm not too worried about it. It was just nice to finally meet up with my bud and his "hoopty" '94 Yota and go wheeling for the 2nd time in my life. Hopefully won't take another year+ for #3...

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I'll redo the vid with just music, or at least no "narration" - sorry about the language stuff. That was definitely me being freaked out. The vids from later in the day are much less salty, and much more gung-ho since I'd gotten a much better feeling of what the truck could actually do, and what was or wasn't actually impassable or seriously dangerous.

No vids of it (a good thing...), but you should have heard me on my first ever wheeling run at HH...the vocabulary really blossoms when you just know for sure you're about to die. :willy_nilly:

#9 ·
We need to get the whole crew back to Cow Mountain. We did an awesome weekend there about 5 years ago that texturized everyone's paint job! Nothing like manzanita to put some beauty marks on your rig!

Dude.... you totally cracked me up when you backed up and went the other way, then decided the first climb was better and went back! (Really, Really?!) I know that area below the obstacle course well as we played around in there for about 90 minutes....... and thanks for changing the music! That first tune was inappropriate for wheeling IMHO!!

OK.... so now you are ready to join us since you are no longer a trail virgin! Get your butt down to Hollister and join us!

#12 · (Edited)
Ok, 2 more vids.

This is still early-ish in the day but not so early that I'm still losing my mind at every tiny rut in front of me. Not very exciting, but a consistently better soundtrack than the previous vid (and yes, apparently there are occasions where Radiohead isn't appropriate - who knew?:shock:). ZERO NSFW material for the entire 7 minutes!
https://goo.gl/photos/4bsoaTSc9wmC22Pn8

Last vid is 30-ish minutes of the last...half? of trail 17 toward the end of the day. This is where I left most of my paint, and a mud flap. MINIMAL NSFW material, but some. Mostly in the songs, and I can't be held responsible for Trent Reznor's compellingly disturbed mental state...

IMHO the most offensive thing about both of these vids is that I just kept forgetting to turn off the reverse sensor alarm. I've learned my lesson since then. :nerd:

https://goo.gl/photos/auMZsVRs5MqSW4uu8

Hope to catch up with you all out on the trails, with any luck Dec 18, but anytime will do. Thanks for watching! ::grin::

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.