Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
Looks like it will work, although they look too thick (considering they are only for tweeters) and the price for those adapters is a little steep. To install tweeters into the dash area you only need a thin piece of lexan or some bendable metal brackets. Or depending on the speakers you buy, they might already come with a way to mount them into the Frontier dash, examples:

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The lexan appears to be about the same thickness as what they are.

·
Registered
332 Posts
In case you're interested - I used PN 28152-5Z000 speakers in my 2017 Frontier dash. They fit perfect. I found the mating connectors that go to the speakers were there under the dash taped to a bigger harness on each side. Plugged them in and they worked right away with no wiring needed. I think the 2020 Dash is the same as 2017.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has the stock 6 speaker setup with dash speakers so I assume the ones you posted are already in my dash. Are these the base units or the ones used in the Rockford Fosgate system? I wondered about changing to the ones used in the RF system, but didn't know if they would work.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mine has the stock 6 speaker setup with dash speakers so I assume the ones you posted are already in my dash. Are these the base units or the ones used in the Rockford Fosgate system? I wondered about changing to the ones used in the RF system, but didn't know if they would work.
The speakers I posted are from a Nissan Frontier SV - non Rockford Fosgate radio truck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are what I have in my truck already. Wanting to change them to something better. Ordered some tweeters and I will see how they do

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
Those are what I have in my truck already. Wanting to change them to something better. Ordered some tweeters and I will see how they do
Before you go any further, I think you should read this post:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw that and skimmed through it. Not planning to tear it all out and start over. I just want better sound and a head unit that has Android Auto (which will help sound quality too with a better amp). Not adding a sub or external amps. I did consider components for the doors as there seems to be some good locations for tweeters around the door handles but as cheap as the RF Prime speakers are, I will try them and a nice pair of tweeters for the dash first.

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
ok GLHF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts