Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
When my 2011 S CC was totaled, I seriously was thinking about the 22s. Decided on the 2019 SV Midnight Edition with 23,000 miles on it instead. First year trucks (or anything for that matter) normally have issues here and there until the mfg works out the kinks. Tacoma trucks (new and used) are insanely expensive in my area.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I did. Leased mine in May. Traded it in last week. Agreed upon price at time of lease was $40,335. Price I got when I traded it in last week was $43,800.

Leased a Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie with all the bells and whistles. Payment went up $140 but I got $24,500 more truck. Air conditioned leather seats, steering that actually feels like power steering, great camera resolution, power rear glass, the second row is as spacious as a SUV, multi-range transfer case, center console large enough to hide a duffle bag in, the whole nine yards. I feel like a fish back into the water again.

The '22 Frontier in my opinion has some great design and great features for the money. But it's also got a lot of idiotic design quicks too. In the end if you're making monthly payments you need to be happy. Overall I don't knock the new Frontier at all. It is what it is.
Do you have a Frontier or RAM currently?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Traded it. Went back to a full size RAM. A full size Quad Cab 4x2 Hemi can be had for the same price as some SV's or base Pro-x models.

View attachment 356160 View attachment 356161
Nice. Looking at a Ram Big Horn tomorrow morning. Did you get a good trade-in value? I've gotten 2 quotes so far, 39K and 41K. In both cases, I think I could get more out of them. These were just intro quotes to get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Why would I trade in the sexiest truck on the road?
You have a point. I pulled into a Nissan dealership last night to look at the Titan they had, and my eyes were instantly drawn to the 2 Frontier Pro4Xs they had. It's going to take something really nice to make me trade, but I am actively looking.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I love my Frontier. I haven't had any issued besides the transmission pawl that they have the recall on. What kind of issues are you having with the door? My seats work great. I really don't use the cruise control so I can't say anything about that.
There's a pretty good thread about the door issues and the reclining seat issues. Many of us who are experiencing door lock issues have been to the dealership numerous times and they have no clue what to do.

Like you, I do love my Frontier, I just got hit with several annoying issues at once. In the end, I may end up keeping it, but having fun looking at new trucks in the meantime.

Happy to hear things are going well with your Frontier.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I'm about to either today or tomorrow. I thought I was going to have to keep it because of the high interest rates but my credit union came through and made an exception for me on a 2013 4Runner. I'm jumping back away from all this new safety stuff, LEDs, infotainment systems and Nissan in general. I want simple, reliable, and a track record of it. I haven't updated my other post yet but it's pretty much a sure thing at this point. I got the deal I wanted and I'm getting the 2013 4Runner with 109k miles at a pretty good price, no accidents, local owned, good bit of maintenance records, and simpler SR5 trim with 4wd. With the current economic situation we're all in, I'll be saving a ton of $ and getting it paid off 2 years faster. My wife has a 2010 4runner with 338k on it and it's a great SUV that I think will make it past 500k miles. So, if you're gonna do it, do it while the Frontier is still looking good in the market. I'm getting almost $44k trade in for my P4X with less than 8k miles on it. I really do hope Nissan gets the 3rd gen right like the 2nd gen because it has the potential and the design is just so good to look at.
Do you mind me asking whether you presented that trade in number or if that is what they came to you with? Trying to determine how to best approach it with dealerships.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nice. Looking at a Ram Big Horn tomorrow morning. Did you get a good trade-in value? I've gotten 2 quotes so far, 39K and 41K. In both cases, I think I could get more out of them. These were just intro quotes to get the ball rolling.
I got what I paid for it back. I was lucky.

Reactions: ghammer

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm with you on trading. I've had my Pro4x since March, after a long and painful shopping experience. The result, it wasn't worth it. I don't have the issues you mention, at least not yet, thankfully. The overall build quality just feels cheap, interior material are cheap, drive-ability and ride is awful. I had a 2007 Nismo, my favorite vehicle to date, this Frontier just doesn't come close. So looking to jump to whichever make in 2023 comes out with an update, Ford Ranger, Toyota Tacoma, Chev Colorado. I can't keep this, very disappointed in Nissan. Good luck on your trade man!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did. Leased mine in May. Traded it in last week. Agreed upon price at time of lease was $40,335. Price I got when I traded it in last week was $43,800.

Leased a Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie with all the bells and whistles. Payment went up $140 but I got $24,500 more truck. Air conditioned leather seats, steering that actually feels like power steering, great camera resolution, power rear glass, the second row is as spacious as a SUV, multi-range transfer case, center console large enough to hide a duffle bag in, the whole nine yards. I feel like a fish back into the water again.

The '22 Frontier in my opinion has some great design and great features for the money. But it's also got a lot of idiotic design quicks too. In the end if you're making monthly payments you need to be happy. Overall I don't knock the new Frontier at all. It is what it is.
Where did you end up trading it in at? A dealership?

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
929 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro4x Tac Green
387 Posts
Do you mind me asking whether you presented that trade in number or if that is what they came to you with? Trying to determine how to best approach it with dealerships.
Just through wheelin' and dealin'. They are hard to find right now and dealers will pay. They have it up for sale at $48,900

·
Premium Member
Truck is bye-bye
291 Posts
Has anyone traded in a 4x2 SV CC? I looked up Carvana, Shift, Carmax, Vroom online offers and the highest I've got was only $28k. MSPR on mine was around $34k.
The market has started to cool a bit. There certainly seems to be a bit more used inventory out there. Also, people have gotten used to the idea of waiting for a new car/truck to come in.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Has anyone traded in a 4x2 SV CC? I looked up Carvana, Shift, Carmax, Vroom online offers and the highest I've got was only $28k. MSPR on mine was around $34k.
The outrageous values dealers were giving on fairly newer vehicles have begun to fall. Carvana and Vroom values have also taken a dive. Currently, you might get what you gave within a couple of thousand, but I would not expect thousands more.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
929 Posts
Just through wheelin' and dealin'. They are hard to find right now and dealers will pay. They have it up for sale at $48,900
My dealer (the one who offered me nearly $4k more than sticker for mine) point blank told me that the Frontier is easy to get. He said there are several Nissan models that are NOT easy to get, but the Frontier has been flowing well.

Anyone on this site bragging about trading for an American full size please go join that site . This is for badass Nissan owners not crybabies 🤟
Oh don't worry, we're on all those sites also. Because we're truck guys, not tribal brand loyalists like you. :sneaky:

·
Registered
2022 Frontier PRO-4X Boulder Grey Pearl
33 Posts
I'm about to either today or tomorrow. I thought I was going to have to keep it because of the high interest rates but my credit union came through and made an exception for me on a 2013 4Runner. I'm jumping back away from all this new safety stuff, LEDs, infotainment systems and Nissan in general. I want simple, reliable, and a track record of it. I haven't updated my other post yet but it's pretty much a sure thing at this point. I got the deal I wanted and I'm getting the 2013 4Runner with 109k miles at a pretty good price, no accidents, local owned, good bit of maintenance records, and simpler SR5 trim with 4wd. With the current economic situation we're all in, I'll be saving a ton of $ and getting it paid off 2 years faster. My wife has a 2010 4runner with 338k on it and it's a great SUV that I think will make it past 500k miles. So, if you're gonna do it, do it while the Frontier is still looking good in the market. I'm getting almost $44k trade in for my P4X with less than 8k miles on it. I really do hope Nissan gets the 3rd gen right like the 2nd gen because it has the potential and the design is just so good to look at.
Simple=Yes
Reliable???? you call reliable a 2013 car with 109k miles???? well, maybe I'm built differently.. not on my book.
Either way I respect ur decision and wish you the best with your "new" ride.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts