Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so disappointed in my 22 Frontier. Between the door issues, the reclining seat issues, and the weirdness going on after turning adaptive cruise control off, I am considering trading my Frontier in. It's feeling like a POS.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Its likely the best time to do it - they can't get more right now, so you might get a pretty good trade. The problem of course is finding something to trade it in for - good luck finding anything new.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Out of Curiousity, what would you be trading it in for?

I agree there are a few issues as it is a first year truck. I do agree that if you are unhappy you would get the most out of it right now.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Not sure what you're seeking here, but TSAFE

·
Registered
2022 Frontier Pro4x Tac Green
389 Posts
I'm about to either today or tomorrow. I thought I was going to have to keep it because of the high interest rates but my credit union came through and made an exception for me on a 2013 4Runner. I'm jumping back away from all this new safety stuff, LEDs, infotainment systems and Nissan in general. I want simple, reliable, and a track record of it. I haven't updated my other post yet but it's pretty much a sure thing at this point. I got the deal I wanted and I'm getting the 2013 4Runner with 109k miles at a pretty good price, no accidents, local owned, good bit of maintenance records, and simpler SR5 trim with 4wd. With the current economic situation we're all in, I'll be saving a ton of $ and getting it paid off 2 years faster. My wife has a 2010 4runner with 338k on it and it's a great SUV that I think will make it past 500k miles. So, if you're gonna do it, do it while the Frontier is still looking good in the market. I'm getting almost $44k trade in for my P4X with less than 8k miles on it. I really do hope Nissan gets the 3rd gen right like the 2nd gen because it has the potential and the design is just so good to look at.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I traded my SV in and got a P4X ;P

I haven't had any real problems with this model or others. Nissans are just too easy to work on if something comes up outside of warranty. Though, It also helps that my dealer offers a lifetime powertrain warranty and lifetime oil changes and that I have wrenched on Nissans and other imports for over 10 years ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm jumping back away from all this new safety stuff, LEDs, infotainment systems and Nissan in general. I want simple, reliable, and a track record of it.
This is why I chose the Frontier. Compared to what's out there, this has less of the tech than the others. Yes, it's refreshed with some gadgets, but it really is still similar to the 2nd gen with nicer looks. All these companies are putting in radar, auto start/stop engine, turbos, wifi, gps, subscription based features, app tracking, self driving, blind spot alert, auto braking, lane departure, etc. It goes on and on.
I was contemplating just getting a 70's or 80's plain jane pickup for cheap, and just replace all critical parts myself...but good luck getting/finding a good buy on those as well 🤪
I think most seasoned drivers here would agree that we just like to drive and have control ourselves, without the fluff. Newer drivers don't have that experience as much and are used to more tech.

I feel any new vehicle you buy today is going to be a crap shoot on quality and reliability. Even companies like Toyota and Honda, which have been known for quality, are having issues. Supply chain issues? Too many government restrictions? They are all cutting corners and trying to save the bottom line without totally alienating the customer base. Just my opinion 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2018 SV Midnight Edition + 2008 Avalon XL
387 Posts
Funny, I actually bought a 2nd gen becuase it was the last of the simple trucks.

I would probably have to look at ram classics if I wanted something this simple new.

If you're not happy, get rid of it. Life is short.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier CC 4x4
930 Posts
I did. Leased mine in May. Traded it in last week. Agreed upon price at time of lease was $40,335. Price I got when I traded it in last week was $43,800.

Leased a Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie with all the bells and whistles. Payment went up $140 but I got $24,500 more truck. Air conditioned leather seats, steering that actually feels like power steering, great camera resolution, power rear glass, the second row is as spacious as a SUV, multi-range transfer case, center console large enough to hide a duffle bag in, the whole nine yards. I feel like a fish back into the water again.

The '22 Frontier in my opinion has some great design and great features for the money. But it's also got a lot of idiotic design quicks too. In the end if you're making monthly payments you need to be happy. Overall I don't knock the new Frontier at all. It is what it is.

·
Registered
172 Posts
After reading about issues and quirks and such... Is it just me or does the Pro line seem to be getting extra treatment and not have as many issues? Between the SV and the Pro, although I didn't have issues with the SV, the Pro just... feels better to drive.. could just be psychological though.

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
920 Posts
After reading about issues and quirks and such... Is it just me or does the Pro line seem to be getting extra treatment and not have as many issues? Between the SV and the Pro, although I didn't have issues with the SV, the Pro just... feels better to drive.. could just be psychological though.
My guess is the difference in shocks and tire size. When I upgraded my tires on the SV from 70's to 75's the ride improved greatly. That being said I have not driven a P4X (or Gen 3 for that matter), If they had it I would of gotten a P4X/SL with the 6ft bed but neither was available to me in 2019.

They also may be putting slightly better quality materials into the P4X. As I know the dealership I bought my truck from was treating anything that wasn't a P4X as a work truck (even SL's).

• Helpful
Reactions: GreyFox

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier ProX
4 Posts
I'm so disappointed in my 22 Frontier. Between the door issues, the reclining seat issues, and the weirdness going on after turning adaptive cruise control off, I am considering trading my Frontier in. It's feeling like a POS.
I love my Frontier. I haven't had any issued besides the transmission pawl that they have the recall on. What kind of issues are you having with the door? My seats work great. I really don't use the cruise control so I can't say anything about that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Trade it in now if you really want to get out of it.

I needed a truck last year in Oct as I took advantage of the market and sold my car to Carmax and they bought it from me free and clear.

Bought an 06 Frontier Nismo KC. SIMPLE truck, was even a 6 speed. I did have to finance it as the value of used trucks was heading upwards during this time, but the upside was a MUCH lower payment. My wallet absolutely love that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just a heads up. I have a 21 king cab s I bought new in march of 21 im going to sell its 4x4 im going to be selling with 18,000 miles its about perfect ive not had one single problem with it, it doesn't have all the gizmos to go wrong either its. second gen body but 3rd gen running gear, same as 22 same insanely strong 3.8, same transfer, same rear end and the 9 speed has been perfect, and I get 20 mpg. its white with grey interior with the tow package, haven't pulled anything but a motorcycle bed liner, has tonopro tonneau cover that comes off in 5 minutes, im expecting my to sell it at the end of next month for book if anyones isn't happy with all the unsorted gizmos

1 - 20 of 89 Posts