Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace those crappy Nissan battery terminals with a milspec model. Has anyone done this? The negative side will be easy but the positive side will be a b1tch since I need to extend it to reach my new Die Hard battery. Any tips?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i did it. it wasn't that big of a deal. i think on the positive side there is something holding the cable in place, but just get it out of the retainer and you get another few inches of slack.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did you handle the positivee bus bar where the wires that go the starter and alternator tie in together? Just cut them and re termiante?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i think i just cut the factory terminals off and clamped vatozone brass terminals on. needed more slack on the positive cable so i unhooked something. i can't remember exactly what, but i can take a look at it tomorrow when i get home.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I need to do the positive side as well. Pics would be greatly appreciated. I did the negative side rather easily but didn't see there was something holding the positive side from extending.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.