Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace those crappy Nissan battery terminals with a milspec model. Has anyone done this? The negative side will be easy but the positive side will be a b1tch since I need to extend it to reach my new Die Hard battery. Any tips?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i did it. it wasn't that big of a deal. i think on the positive side there is something holding the cable in place, but just get it out of the retainer and you get another few inches of slack.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did it. it wasn't that big of a deal. i think on the positive side there is something holding the cable in place, but just get it out of the retainer and you get another few inches of slack.
Did you replace the terminals or just pull up some more slack?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
both.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you handle the positivee bus bar where the wires that go the starter and alternator tie in together? Just cut them and re termiante?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i think i just cut the factory terminals off and clamped vatozone brass terminals on. needed more slack on the positive cable so i unhooked something. i can't remember exactly what, but i can take a look at it tomorrow when i get home.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I need to do the positive side as well. Pics would be greatly appreciated. I did the negative side rather easily but didn't see there was something holding the positive side from extending.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts