Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their lower control arms??? I will be doing this because cam bolts just won't come out regardless of what i try. anyone has a manual page on this?

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
i dont know what the 2nd gens are like, but i have replaced mine. what answers are you lookin for man>>?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just a general procedure, like what's the most effective way to perform the swap? do i disconnect the spindle on the bottom, disconnect the sway bar link and the strut and that's it or am i missing something else... i will be cutting off my existing cam/caster bolts off since they are seized inside the sleeves.

thanks

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
just a general procedure, like what's the most effective way to perform the swap? do i disconnect the spindle on the bottom, disconnect the sway bar link and the strut and that's it or am i missing something else... i will be cutting off my existing cam/caster bolts off since they are seized inside the sleeves.

thanks
ohh yeah our suspensions are way diff man sorry i couldnt help

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
bottom shock bolt, sway bare link, remove the lower ball joint pinch bolt, then the cam (or in your case lower control arm bolts)
little jiggeling and it all falls down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts