Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone with an '01 had ever painted the "fender flare" like structure outside the wheel well. I was thinking about getting mine painted black like some of the newer models. If anyone had any pictures of what this might look like or if it is a bad idea let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
it would probably look pretty good

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Do it! I would take a full day and remove them and take your time and prep it right and rattle can can turn out very well.

like this but with inverted colors

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
^ thats what I was looking for but didnt find it so I went for the ford I think if you do black it can look classy

·
Registered
296 Posts
if you DO paint them black, paint the rocker panels too. that way the black flows all the way back like in the f150 pic.

Herculiner FTMFW!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Id be too scared to paint my truck itself but I painted my fender flairs with a Saturday, rattle can and a 12 pack. Not hard to do at all... I got in a wreck and got brand new flairs on one side (after I had already painted them) and you cannot tell which ones I painted and which ones are factory. I'll post some pictures tomorrow if youre interested

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
ya that looks nice oregon. is there a line down the side or did you just make your own?
thanks, not quite sure what ya mean by that but i did all the painting. there is a line right above the lower red to break it up. it looks cheap and cheezy if you just leave it with no accent line.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.