Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone with an '01 had ever painted the "fender flare" like structure outside the wheel well. I was thinking about getting mine painted black like some of the newer models. If anyone had any pictures of what this might look like or if it is a bad idea let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
they look weird when they are not body matched IMO

·
Registered
578 Posts
it would probably look pretty good

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Do it! I would take a full day and remove them and take your time and prep it right and rattle can can turn out very well.

like this but with inverted colors

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
let the man dream ^

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
^ thats what I was looking for but didnt find it so I went for the ford I think if you do black it can look classy

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Do it! I would take a full day and remove them and take your time and prep it right and rattle can can turn out very well.

like this but with inverted colors
So wait, you're saying there is a truck in this picture somewhere?

Me personally, I like them color matched to the truck.

·
Registered
296 Posts
if you DO paint them black, paint the rocker panels too. that way the black flows all the way back like in the f150 pic.

Herculiner FTMFW!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts

here ya go!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Id be too scared to paint my truck itself but I painted my fender flairs with a Saturday, rattle can and a 12 pack. Not hard to do at all... I got in a wreck and got brand new flairs on one side (after I had already painted them) and you cannot tell which ones I painted and which ones are factory. I'll post some pictures tomorrow if youre interested

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
ya that looks nice oregon. is there a line down the side or did you just make your own?
thanks, not quite sure what ya mean by that but i did all the painting. there is a line right above the lower red to break it up. it looks cheap and cheezy if you just leave it with no accent line.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That truck would look good in solid red!!! You should keep going, nice color

1 - 19 of 19 Posts