Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This dry system can be injected into the intake tube or though this ejector filter. Says it will add 55-75 hp at wot.

I haven't seen any post on nitrous...is it because of warranty issues or just the engine wouldn't handle it?

Any thoughts or comments? (sorry about the small print)

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check your local laws about Nitrous systems. Up here: you can't have a nitrous system connected to your engine on the street and the tank can not be within reach of the driver. On top of that: technically it classifies as a dangerous material and you are required to have proper training just to transport it.

Beyond that? It's way too easy to ruin your engine.

It would be a great system to add to a Turbo/SC system as a shot into the intercooler to drop the air temperature quickly.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I asked my dealer and he said no way.
If anything happened to the engine they would most likely not cover it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have a full wet kit going in as soon as my K&N gets here.

A few 350z and altima guys are spraying 150+shots. I starting at 65 then moving up to a 125 in steps-depend on traction.

Wet-only way to go since ecu can't add the fuel needed for a dry shot or tune for it. I got a/f gage, bottle header, purge, window switch, tons of other goodies...

I'll pm you a good online store :twisted:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ghostcustoms, is this going to be on a 4.0 Frontier? Let us know more about your setup and what's involved installing it. Would like to see pics of everything too.

Seems like alot of hp for the money but can the engine, trans and rearend handle a 125hp increase? How are you going to increase fuel pressure...upgraded fuel pump, injectors or ecu?

I don't know very much about nitrous so I was curious after reading about it in a performace catalog. I know I would and I'm sure others would be interested in your experience with nitrous. Thanks for any info you can share with us.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have a narrow band a/f gauge should be ok up to a 150, I just don't think I will go that far. I'll take some pics and I also almost got my bottle braket made for my bed slider...

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
My problem is this: Nitrous wont help me tow my boat up a 20 mile long 6% grade hill any faster.... :( Headers, Intake, Exhaust, etc...Will.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Good point

I wont be doing any drag racing in my lifted CC Nismo
Thats pretty much all nitrous is good for.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ghostcustoms said:
I have a full wet kit going in as soon as my K&N gets here.

A few 350z and altima guys are spraying 150+shots. I starting at 65 then moving up to a 125 in steps-depend on traction.

Wet-only way to go since ecu can't add the fuel needed for a dry shot or tune for it. I got a/f gage, bottle header, purge, window switch, tons of other goodies...

I'll pm you a good online store :twisted:
Definitely post times when you run it!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I guess you guys don't have a problem with your little brother having a faster car...

Just about done with my bottle mount & a bed slider...

·
Registered
233 Posts
NOS is good if you want to go fast now and then, SC/Turbo is if you want power/ speed all the time...just about any engine will handle 1/2 of it's rated crank horespower in a wet system, but I wouldn't go more than 100-125 shot on our engine.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I run nitrous on race car 400 big shot on 580 cid 1200 hp, and 350hp fogger on 383cid 700 hp in suburban I pull it with. I also sell nitrous with filling station. I see some misconceptions alive and well still. Up to 150 is fairly safe on most engines. Wether supercharged, nos, or turbo any hp increase increases stress. The problem with nos is poor install, crappy wiring etc. more of problem on wet systems than dry. Biggest problem is damn maybe just alittle more hp would be okay. Suddenly someone is putting more hp into engine than capable of safely handling. Both of my engine use forged pistons, h beam rods, forges cranks, and timing control to pull out timing under spray. The race car uses race gas, and the suburban has a 1gallon fuel cell filled with race gas just for nos use. As far as warranty, if you damage something in the drivetrain, remove the damn system before you take to dealer or really anytime so they don't "remember" you. I just would rather sc on my Frontier as I want power all the time when I want, and I would have to use a progressive controller as on my other cars so the hit is not full tilt and just blows off the tires on spray. Plus I dont have enough space to put bottle when Iam using as a truck.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
mudslinger said:
get a turbo instead[/quote
But does anyone have a kit for 2nd gen?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nitrous = $(#@^( your engine up with the quickness

1 - 20 of 25 Posts