Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, as some of you may know, my girlfriend and I took a cross-country road trip this past month. Left May 14 for Moab, UT to wheel with the GONE crew and then decided to take the long way back to Long Island. The pics don’t really do a lot of this scenery justice, but here we are anyway. Round trip, we logged about 8k miles and took 23 days to see what this country has to offer. We are so glad we could do it, and totally recommend it to anyone who has the ability to do so. There is so much to see in this beautiful country, so get out there and enjoy it; preferably with your Frontier of course... :fantastic:

Full album here: Picasa Web Albums - SSkoblicki - Cross-Country...

Enjoy:

All packed up and ready to go:

Drove into Harrisburg, PA the first day to meet up with a few guys from TheNewX who were going out there too. Encountered some ugly weather outside of St. Louis (there were reports of tornadoes behind us. Called it quits for the night not long after just to get out of the storm.

From the left: Emily, Bobby (Xvter) and Dave (VterraVT)

Me and Stephanie

More...

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
O, welcome to Kansas. That’s about all there is to see, so enjoy! No disrespect to anyone from Kansas – it was just about the loooooongest state we drove through, that’s all… The scenery was nice sometimes tho, especially the cloud formations…

Hi from Sonic (We don't have these on LI, but we are tortured with their commercials for some strange reason)

Finally got into Colorado and the Denver area for the night. It really is incredible in person, and the sunset over the Rockies is ridiculous.

The view from John (Creek’s) house, which hangs off the side of a mountain (jealous much?)

Everyone ready to head off to Moab. Myself, Peck and HKYStormFront are in there somewhere…

Watch the scenery change from white to green to red all within an hour…

Hello, Moab.

Our home for the next 5 nights...We camped at Canyonlands campground right in town. Easy walking distance to the brewery... I mean supermarket for supplies ;-)

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Day 1 on the trails - we hit up Fins 'n Things.

That’s a happy wheeler

Everyone getting the heads up on Fins and Things before we hit the trail

A longbed LE CC, which looked fresh off the dealership salesfloor. I felt bad for him until he started holding us up all day.

Some of the other obstacles of the day:

Day 2 we did 7 Mile Rim:

Hung up

Steph and I enjoying the view

Uranium Arch

Other random shots of the day

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Day 3 was a day off, so the crew that headed in from John's place in CO decided to hit up Dome Plateau.

The Colorado River:

Random scenery

Blasted through the desert to check out these funky caves

Then John found what he was looking for half the day: The rough stuff

Day 4 - MCampana had a pinched ABS sensor wire, so we spent half the day on 2wd friendly trails with him and his girlfriend while we waited for his part to arrive. Everyone else went up to the mountains to find some snow, so we checked out some more local stuff

Ancient Native American Petroglyphs

At Hurrah Pass

Mark posing on the rocks in 2WD

Some more scenery

Hit up a 4x4 trail later when we got the sensor in, and saw some dinosaur tracks

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Crossed the 60k mile warranty mark in nowheresville, UT

Goodbye Nissan powertrain warranty...

Passed the Valley of the Gods:

Met Nat (Sexy6chick) and Aaron (Penki) at the Grand Canyon for a day.

Forgot to mention that there was an incident back in West Virginia involving a Hawk and a Chipmunk that left me "burger"-less for Moab. Nat was awesome enough to pick me up a new one, and I installed in the parking lot outside Pancho McGillicuddy's in Williams, AZ. Thanks again, Nat!!:hi:

Cool locomotive in Williams, AZ (the gateway to the grand canyon! lol)

The day started out fogged out and cloudy, which led to some eerie shots of the canyon

but eventually cleared up and left us breathless

Headed west some more. There was no way I was gonna come this far and not hit the pacific...

We spent a few days with her cousin in Simi Valley, CA and relaxed a bit in his backyard oasis:

The view from the hilltop behind his house

Another day we took a drive down PCH to Santa Monica and spent the day at the beach

Hybrid Escapes? Really? Shoulda kept the Nismo's, but I'm not biased :thatswck:

Did a much-needed oil change and started to head back east.

Drove thru Texas on our way back east.

If you ever get the chance to eat at Pappasito's Cantina in Dallas by the Airport, do it. Best Tex-Mex I've ever had in my life, and a pretty cool little restaurant too.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
^^awesome pics and great read, looking forward to seeing more!! Man I live in Santa Monica and my parents live in Simi Valley, wish I would have known you'd be in both areas!

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spent a day with her cousins in Birmingham, AL. The boys race BMX, so we checked out a competition of theirs that day. Pretty cool - not something you see up by us.

Everyone was so great to take us in, and we had a wonderful time with her family.

At this point, we decided to detour south a bit and surprise her mom who was in FL for some family stuff.

Passed this Titan Fail in south AL

and spent a day at Deerfield and Delray Beaches before the weather started threatening:

We made another quick stopover in NC before heading back. Got in late Friday night.

Overall, it was an amazing experience, again, and I cannot emphasize how much I really believe everyone should experience something like this. I can't believe how much beauty there is in this country (and we still haven't seen nearly all of it). Can't wait to do something like it again (maybe the northern states? hmmm...)

Anywho, Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Quite the adventure! Next time head north and see Oregon.... I think Im going to try to get out there next year... Need tome sliders and Im rocking. Thanks for posting all of the very drool worthy pictures for us man.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
The pics just keep coming, awesome.
How many pictures did you take total?

You had to be up there near/over a thousand I'm guessing.
Hell, I went to the Pocono Nascar race for the day Sunday and I took almost 250 pictures without even thinking about it.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
900-something....ill have the entire album up in a day or so and post the link for all to see. i think this is all i'll do for now tho. you guys get the idea, and im sure you've seen plenty of moab pics up before i even got back home.

thanks for the replies everyone. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
As I told you guys before, it was awesome meeting you guys and seeing the Grand Canyon. Though our time was short, we had a great time. Miss you guys already. And you're very welcome for the burger. I couldn't have Big Red running around naked! :)

Awesome pics Steve :) Tell Steph I said hi!

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
where'd you go in NC? did you know we had a URE run this past weekend? wtf steve lol!

ok enough:laugh: funny pic of you me and peck at john's house up there, loved the "FRONTIER" roof rack pic with the rocks in the background... you need a better camera amigo:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
wow! thats awesome and makes me want to do it!!! Too bad my le is 2wd otherwise moab would be my destination! You should have stopped by Stuart in florida(30miles north of west palm beach) i could have shown you what trails we had here! Awesome pictures and thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome back to the East Coast Steve! Awesome pictures and like I said, looks like you had a sweet time.

Nice farmers tan btw. Hahaha.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts