Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm new to the board, and I tried searching for a similar topic, but didn't find anything, so if this has already been addressed, I apologize in advance.

I Have a 2010 SE 4x4 Frontier and am using an XM Skyfi2 receiver. I hesitate to use anything else, cause its a G1 and has the powerful FM transmitter. The problem is, for some reason, Nissan decided to make the 12v outlet always hot. so when I turn the truck off, the XM stays on. And I'm getting so tired of ALWAYS forgetting to turn it off.

so my questions

is there a way to make the 12v go on/off with the truck? If not, is there an easy way to hardwire it? like with a wiretap? And what reason would Nissan have for making it always live?

next, does anyone know of a better xm antenna than the standard one that comes with the receiver? what does Nissan use if you have the XM built in? Is there a glass antenna or any other option to hide it? I didn't get the LE so that wasn't an option.

and lastly, is there an easy way to add the AUX port? i have the regular CD radio, so no standard aux. It would be nice for my Ipod.

thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is one in the center, but its in the armrest. and my unit mounts into the 12v. so that's not an option.

after reading some more on the site. it appears my only AUX option is the 6cd radio. So... anyone here have one they don't need an want to part with for a fair price? Or know where i can purchase one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.