Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 SE 4X4
Fluid is clean and not overfilled. upshifts on acceleration without issue. Smooth as butter and downshifts fine when cold. Trans isn’t slipping at all. Holds gears just fine. It threw a code last night when it did it one of the times but it doesn’t seem to be much help. P0734 “Gear 4 incorrect Ratio” but no other codes to go with it. I have no idea where to even start with this. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds just like a shift solenoid unfortunately.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds just like a shift solenoid unfortunately.
i was told i should look at the turbine sensor.
This guy:

How would i go about diagnosing what it could be
the only code the truck has thrown is above

·
Registered
288 Posts
i was told i should look at the turbine sensor.
This guy:

How would i go about diagnosing what it could be
the only code the truck has thrown is above
This is definitely over my head as far as exact knowledge but my brother has an Acura suv that had the exact symptoms you describe twice and both times it was a shift solenoid/s. I know the pan was dropped to diagnose but not sure how. There was no thrown code in his car that I remember though it was just obvious something was very wrong.

·
Registered
138 Posts
****. I have the exact same symptoms. Except I’m 2016 SV. I get hard down shifting when slowing down, once everything is nice and warmed up. But when it’s cold (the transmission), it’s fine. I have no codes though. Please keep us updated and what you do/figure out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's worth mentioning that our trucks are programmed to downshift upon deceleration to aid braking. I've noticed the harder you are on the brakes the harder it will downshift - sometimes even making my front suspension slightly compress from engaging the lower gear - i'd say this is normal. is your problem a severe jerk?

Reactions: Frunteer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's worth mentioning that our trucks are programmed to downshift upon deceleration to aid braking. I've noticed the harder you are on the brakes the harder it will downshift - sometimes even making my front suspension slightly compress from engaging the lower gear - i'd say this is normal. is your problem a severe jerk?
yes definitely a severe jerk it feels like someone is shifting from 4th to 2nd in a manual even through its just downshifting from 4-3

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Any good transmission shops around you? The one i use for my transmission flushes has test strips to check for coolant in the trans fluid. They also probably have high dollar scan tools, that are better than what you have.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any good transmission shops around you? The one i use for my transmission flushes has test strips to check for coolant in the trans fluid. They also probably have high dollar scan tools, that are better than what you have.
They also cost about triple the price of me dropping my valve body. I used a test strip I bought on amazon for that. It showed very small amounts of coolant. So I know some might be floating around. I did 2 drain and fills thinking that was it. And it made no difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts