Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a hard body before their frontier? Yes yes I know we were all in our 20's at some point so please dont post selfies of you at the gym flexing in the mirror.. :serious: Haha! This was my 5 speed v6 1994.. Miss that truck.. It was clean!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Have one in the family right now, in my sig. unfortunately it has some front end damage from a niece that was not paying attention when driving.....

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Yes yes I know we were all in our 20's at some point so please dont post selfies of you at the gym flexing in the mirror.. :serious:
:laugh:

I never owned a Hardbody myself, but my off roading habit can be traced back to 2000 when I dated someone who had one. It was red and had some sort of lift and oversized tires...I wasn't knowledgeable enough back then to really know how it was equipped. But it was a lot of fun and I've had a soft spot for them ever since.

Yours was nice. :)

·
Registered
845 Posts
I want a 95-96 WD21 Pathfinder for a weekend adventure rig. Probably sell my Frontier in the next couple years, she's too nice to wheel in these parts (trees = body damage). I owned a bunch of Toyota 4x4s over the years but I'm happier with the Nissan.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I had a 97 single cab, green, manual 2.4l.
I had a competition clutch stage two clutch dropped in it from a 240sx. Direct bolt in was my understanding.

Sold it with 179,000 miles or so for only $200 less than what I paid for it 8 years before.
I sure do miss it. The only reason I sold it was it wouldn't pass emissions in Georgia because of the stupid EVAP vent control valve!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
:laugh:

I never owned a Hardbody myself, but my off roading habit can be traced back to 2000 when I dated someone who had one. It was red and had some sort of lift and oversized tires...I wasn't knowledgeable enough back then to really know how it was equipped. But it was a lot of fun and I've had a soft spot for them ever since.

Yours was nice. :)
If only there was an internet forum around then that had a "Suspension Lifts and Body Lifts" ultimate sticky thread on it. That way the young gentleman might have had more than "Some sort of lift" :laugh:

·
Registered
785 Posts
I had a bright red 1994 SE-V6 with white stripes and SE-V6 logo on each door. I purchased from a family in 1998 with only 50K on it. It was king cab. It was nice and clean and I loved it. Kept it for many years but then traded in for a Toyota Matrix AWD because my work was 72 miles from home and Matrix was gas saver and could bail me out of snow.

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
I bought one brand new and put 200,000 miles on it before the harness shorted on the cylinder head and melted the main harness all the way to the ignition switch. I was going to replace the harness, but, after waiting two years for Nissan to send me one, I gave up on it! It was an Autumn Sunburst (color code AR0) 1997 King Cab SE 4x2 with automatic transmission and every dealer option I could put into it except for the faux wood grain interior option. I paid $16,700 for it (stickered for $19,700, IIRC) and it was worth every penny! The body still looked great when the harness cooked. Honestly, now owning a first gen Frontier, I like the Hardbody better. My only complaint was the lack of a V6 option that year.

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
Never owned one, but always had a soft spot for them. When I was in tech school (95-97) they had a regular cab 2wd stick shift one students would use to go chase parts. I loved that little thing. Not sure of the rear end gearing, but it zipped around town pretty nice. I have one uncle who has had a handful of 4WD hard bodies and another uncle had a pathy that I was fond of. Since my Dad's 82 Toyota pickup, I've always had mad respect for hard working, simple, compact trucks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
As my name suggests, I've got a '93 hardbody- Emerald Black 2wd standard cab 4cyl. manual, 162k miles. I bought it new in '93 for 13,000 with only a few options: a/c, radio/cassette player, tach, chrome wheels and bumpers, passenger side mirror, rear window and power steering.

I'd say the biggest thing to fail has been the paint, starting to see some rust on the hood. Checked into getting it repainted, but that was going to cost more than the truck is worth. Timing chain and brakes are about all I've had to change, beyond tires, batteries and oil. Still on the factory clutch. It's hard to justify buying a new vehicle when this one does everything I need and asks so little in return.

While I'm content to keep driving it, I am looking forward to a new truck someday, maybe something with cup holders and more power, 4wd and a diesel would be nice. Safety features on this truck amount to padded dash (no airbags), seatbelts and head restraints; I drive carefully and hope everybody else does, too!

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
I remember the first Nissan dealer that I worked for had a Datsun 620 parts truck. L-series 4-cyl with a stick that was abused like crazy and just kept going! Talk about a tough as nails truck! They eventually sold it. Those trucks would keep on going until the body simply rusted away!

·
Registered
169 Posts
My dad had a Red one when I was growing up. He always bump started it backing out of the driveway, no wonder we had to to change the clutch on it so quickly! It was also easier to pull the motor than to drop the transmission at that point! :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
My first truck was a 1993 4cy, 4x4, manual regular cab. I bought it used from an old timer who had it sitting in a barn for years. It was his daughters who brought it back home after she moved to NYC (parking tickets $$$). It was gray and had this big plastic "roll bars" with a tonneau cover that buttoned form the top rear of the cab back to the tailgate. That thing was a pain to put on and flapped in the breeze!

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I had a 96 (?) 2wd KC 5 spd. Great truck. Got stuck alot. Put the biggest tires I could on those 14" wheels: 27". Sold it to a friend who still drives it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts