Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm at the girl friend's house last night, I wake up this morning to find this...

Some mother :censor: :censor: hits my truck and leaves....no note nothing.
It probably happened when the guy across the street tried to get over the snow in the road, he finally got traction and smashed into my truck parked across the street. How do I know this? Well becasue that mini van across the street also has a nice brand new dent and missing paint on the front fender and bumper...

It's a lot worse than it looks. The tail light gap is all messed up, the tail gate gap is all out of wack now too. It goes from about 1/4" up top to about a 1/16" at the bottom. The truck is 9 months old...thats my rant...:(

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you check that a$$holes truck out yet to see if its damaged
Who the guy in the Durango parked up my a$$? lol na that my buddy's truck. I took the picutre at his house.

·
Super Moderator
11,165 Posts
It also happened to me once and I will never again park across from any driveway or parking space where someone can back up with me in harms way. Call the police as they will easily acknowledge he did it and it will be a hit and run since he went in to sleep instead of telling you. Possibly was drinking and afraid to let you know. The truck will be perfect again soon. Good luck.

Clint

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it sucks I always try parking as far away from anything as possible. But the girl friend lives on a small narrow 1 way street and you can only park on the street, the driveways are only big enough for one car.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's the worst feeling! I hate it when people wreck someone else's property and don't take responsibility. Hopefully Karma will get whoever did it.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
that sux dude. similar thing happened to me. a dumbass girl just ripped out of her driveway in reverse, slammed in my truck and then denied she had done it. meanwhile i was standing 5 feet away and watched it.

pushed the rear bumper into the bedside. bent the bumper a bit, but i was able to get it pulled out

·
Super Moderator
11,165 Posts
Did you call the police? They will come and look and measure and they will talk to the person and usually get them to admit it especially if they threaten them with leaving the scene.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
11,165 Posts
As long as the paint isn't damaged a paintless dent repair guy can do wonders with many situations. They work from the edges to the center and I've seen things worse than your turned perfect. Give one a call and maybe they can take care of it.

Clint

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Report it and get some pics of the other guys car. Was there any paint transfer at all?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Looks like it was kicked, sorry that happened.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Bummer. I don't see any creases. Try a plunger, it might pop it out.

·
Super Moderator
11,165 Posts
Bummer. I don't see any creases. Try a plunger, it might pop it out.
It's best to massage it from the edges. The plunger is a good idea but can cause a crease which then would be another issue.

Clint

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haven't seen the other car since, police said there's nothing they can do, and no way to prove it was that van. It's creased just hard to tell from the pic. It's actually pushed up and it creased along the top and by the fender line, and towards the bottom. No paint transfer either, just my paint missin and scratched. I'm going to my body shop tomorrow to see how much to fix...fvckin blows...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts