Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me introduce myself and my Frontier

My name is John and home is Northeast Florida. I'm a dual retiree, from that communications company beginning in "v" and the Coast Guard Reserve. Busy with RV, Boat, and visiting family with grandsons whenever I can.

Frontier's a base XE King Cab 4-Cyl 5-Speed we bought new in 2009. It replaced an old Mitsubishi Mighty Max, and the manual transmission lets us tow it with our motorhome. It's basic basic, had only that Dealer Stuff that's there before the truck goes into inventory: Window Tint, Nissan Bedliner, Pinstripe, Floor Mats. I bargained for Aftermarket Cruise and a Class III Hitch. Since then I've added hardware and lights to tow it with and a CB Radio. The Factory Stereo is AM/FM/CD. Biggest single project was Running Boards from iBoards, and there's a YouTube of the installation. They are Boards not Bars so there's a full-length 5" step with treads.

We do NOT appreciate the wide turning circle! Poor design for such a small vehicle.

Truck has been reliable for just under 30,000 miles. It's very quiet and we like the ride.

I hope to upgrade with Fog Lights and Power Heated Mirrors. I can do the Work if I can find the Wiring!

Meanwhile, I'll read up on your projects! ::smile::

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
welcome!
You are not alone in noticing the large turning circle! i'm surprised the 2wd is also bad, i figured the 4x4 was bad due to having front axles.
i learned to drive in a mitsu mighty max, those were great little trucks, and a lot more BASIC than the Nissan! i remember the nylon seats, window cranks, and NO power steering...

·
Vendor
2,796 Posts
Hello John, welcome to the club! Nice to have you join us. Post some pictures of your Frontier when you have a chance. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts