Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Time for me to spend all the cash I saved by buying cheap Xmas gifts this year! :D I'll be in the Ext Mods forum...

·
Super Moderator
12,392 Posts
Welcome and Happy New Year to you too!
What mods are in your sights?
So many mods and usually not enough cash.....

Clint

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
welcome to the club! Hope you had a good holidays!

What are you going to do 1st?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are you going to do 1st?
Did. ;) Spray-in bedliner went in first (why that's not standard on the SE King Cab, which actually has an almost-useable box-size, is beyond me...). New snows and steel wheels went on after that (necessity!), followed by Krown. Interior got the Weathertech floor liners.

Next is some kind of folding hard-cover and cargo/ladder rack combination, if I can figure that out---see new thread in Ext Mods about that. Hang on, don't get up..., okay here ya go ;)
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/folding-hard-cover-ladder-rack-54693/

Fog lights about to be ordered (doing the default nismoshop deal).

After that in random order are:
- hood deflector
- flashing light bar (orange/light work lights), plus integrated into the stock lights
- the flippable bed extender dohickey (must go under the hard cover, and not need Utilitrack, which SE don't have..., again why??)
- side step bars
- maybe a bull/safari bar with fogs (can never have too many) and winch
- maybe Line-X the rear bumper like the bed
- might try the Shur Trax water bag ballast thinger for winter traction: ShurTrax - Truck Traction - Truck Bed Weights - Traction Weight
- need some seat covers

Overall, pretty mundane utility stuff. There is an OWS concept (Overhead Weapon System) that I could try for the Frontier that I had wanted to do for my Maxima a few years ago---got a concept photo of it around here somewhere, labelled "Maxima BFG"---but the ammo trunk made the rear end ride really low, the roof was a little weak for the recoil forces on the mounts, and in any case those wet blankets at Defence weren't keen on my nicking the Fifty off one of their APVs. Something about "Controlled Goods". Hosers. :\

Been a reasonably fun truck though. Had it since late July and haven't wadded it up yet. The stick is really too slow for me to hurt myself anyhow (I miss my auto Max!). But I put 8500 km on it in the first two weeks. Drove Left Coast to Right and back into the middle again. Gotta give 'em a good breakin' in, right? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.