Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought an 05 frontier that had one owner and no accidents with 150k on the dash.

Now the bad motor has a bent rod and interior needs to be swapped with one in better condition but it only cost me 1000 bucks which I don't think is bad.

The truck will mainly be used as a daily driver parts getter and supplies for home improvement projects.

Finishing my fuel pump install on my armada this weekend if I don't work then I will begin pulling the engine out on the frontier.

Future plans for the frontier is a 2.5 lift wheels and tires.

Does anybody know what's the latest year interior that i can swap in mainly door panels carpet and seats also I have been looking for low mileage vq40de and I found one on buyusedengine.com from out of an 2012 xterra with 33k miles.

Can any year vq40de be used in the frontier and also what about transmission wise will any year bolt right up.

Thanks guys any help will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That's what I've been seeing based on pictures I've found online as far as interiors go at least.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sourced a 2015 long block with 9k miles now im trying to source a low mileage transmission any suggestions?
I have read that a 2012 trans will bolt up with no problem as long as the tcm amd valebody is transfered over to the new trans is this necessary? as the part numbers are the same.

Also i have found a totaled 2018 frontier pro-4x that i can get front and rear diff with tranfer and transmission for $1500 with ver low miles will this bolt up to an 05???

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know its been a while since ive updated this thread but here it is i have my new engine on an engine stand and currently swapping harness over from the old engine and almost finished fully detailing the interior.

I am getting ready to purchase a transmission from a 2012 4x4 pathfinder with 12k miles but i am wondering a few things
1. can i use the torque converter from the 2012?

2. Could i use a valve body/tcm from a 2012 frontier in this transmission as my original has been contaminated by antifreeze.

Any help will be much appreciated guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts