Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking for a new all terrain tire for my 09 pro-4x. I'm trying to decide between the hankook and firestone destination AT. I mostly drive on the road but am in New England so see a good amount of snow this time of year. What do you guys think? Also can someone tell me how to post pics on threads when I'm useing my phone..I don't see an option anywhere

·
Registered
56 Posts
Firestone Destination ATs all day long. I've run them a bunch. 100mph on the highway, check, aired down to 20psi and crawling over rocks, check. 60K + miles, check.......

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking the hankooks are the ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are my choice as well... I used to really like Firestones in the 80's and early 90's but after a while I just lost interest in them likely as I disliked the Bridgestone name from motorcycle tires...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking the hankooks are the ones
If you have a Discount Tire near by and you are patient they usually run a cash card deal around major holidays. Got me down to $650 for a set of 4 275/65r18s with road hzd ins.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the Firestones on my truck, no issues at all. Good in the snow, quiet on pavement, hook up surprisingly well aired down. No personal experience with the Hankooks, but I haven't heard any complaints since they corrected the issues with the early batches.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've gone through three sets of Firestone Destination AT's on prior vehicles: '96 Explorer XLT and '04 Explorer Sport Trac and then I observed my wife's set of the same tires wear on her old '05 Explorer Sport Trac. All four sets of tires started wearing irregularly at some point for some unknown reason. In every case, the alignment was always checked and was never the culprit in the issue. Tire pressures were always maintained correctly as well. They were great tires for most all scenarios. All three vehicles liked to hydroplane badly during heavy rains on the highway with these tires, but that could also be a vehicle/weight distribution thingy. They were decent, but I don't plan to buy them again unless I found a "can't walk away from" price.

I LOVED the Hankook tires I had on my older Eclipse and if my dealership stocks the Dynapro's like I think they do as OEM replacements for the PRO4X, I hope I can get a decent price on them. They will probably be my next upgrade for my SV, if not, the Kumho Venture AT51s will be.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have to Hankook AT's on my '16 pro4x and LOVE them, idk why people don't like them, great on dirt and snow!!! And I can do donuts just fine with them too lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting the hankooks next week! Can't wait..missed all the snow storms up here in CT unfortunately..hopefully there will be more next week so I can test them out

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well finally went today and had the hankooks installed..cost me 660$ out the door at town fair tire. They price matched the price per tire from discount tire.

First impression..they ride very smooth and are quiet...haven't driven enough to have much more input than that..may snow up here in CT again on Wednesday so will be able to test them out then. Overall I'm very happy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts