Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and found some threads that mostly discussed the Dynapro ATM. I will be needing to replace my Dynapro ATM's within 6 months. I do mostly highway driving with occasional dirt road trails excursions. Has anyone replaced the OEM Hankook Dynapro ATM with the newer AT2 and how do you like them? If not, what did you replace the Hankook's with?

"Hankook Tire released the new Dynapro AT2 RF11, an all-terrain tire with major improvements that makes it your go to tire if you are looking for off-road traction and on road manners. Designed to provide superior performance both on and off road, the new AT2 RF11 is replacing the Hankook Dynapro AT-M RF10 and comes in more sizes than it predecessor. The Hankook Dynapro AT2 RF11 has improved all-terrain performance and delivers a quieter ride compared to the AT-M RF10. The biting edges and dual shoulder lugs give it extra durability and add enhanced puncture and cut resistance. The aero shoulder technology further reduces noise for optimum on road driving. You can take this tire anywhere with its M+S rating and 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake Symbol indicating it is rated for severe snow service. The Hankook Dynapro AT2 RF11 has some great improvements over the Dynapro AT-M RF10.
https://www.tires-easy.com/blog/new_all_terrain_dynapro_at2/"

Thanks in advanced for responses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did a search and found some threads that mostly discussed the Dynapro ATM. I will be needing to replace my Dynapro ATM's within 6 months. I do mostly highway driving with occasional dirt road trails excursions. Has anyone replaced the OEM Hankook Dynapro ATM with the newer AT2 and how do you like them? If not, what did you replace the Hankook's with?

"Hankook Tire released the new Dynapro AT2 RF11, an all-terrain tire with major improvements that makes it your go to tire if you are looking for off-road traction and on road manners. Designed to provide superior performance both on and off road, the new AT2 RF11 is replacing the Hankook Dynapro AT-M RF10 and comes in more sizes than it predecessor. The Hankook Dynapro AT2 RF11 has improved all-terrain performance and delivers a quieter ride compared to the AT-M RF10. The biting edges and dual shoulder lugs give it extra durability and add enhanced puncture and cut resistance. The aero shoulder technology further reduces noise for optimum on road driving. You can take this tire anywhere with its M+S rating and 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake Symbol indicating it is rated for severe snow service. The Hankook Dynapro AT2 RF11 has some great improvements over the Dynapro AT-M RF10.
https://www.tires-easy.com/blog/new_all_terrain_dynapro_at2/"

Thanks in advanced for responses.
Hey neighbor, just thought I would share a bit with you about my experience with Hankook tires. I have the original ones on my 2018, within 9k miles, mine are shot and all i drive is highway, they are the dynapro ht and now I need new tires.
hankook junk.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
however if you don't mind a M/T tire, I highly recommend these thunderer trac grip on ebay for about $650. Awesome tires!
thunderer trac grip.jpg

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
19 Kilo - Funny. Don't do much mud.

My tires on the 16Pro are the Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 They have done well but are getting worn down at 23K. Still have about 5/32 left.

I would go back to the dealer and have them help you with Hankook. Bet you can get a new set for free.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think im gonna try the 275/70/18 on my midnite with the ready lift 3" spacer and shackle lift and trim my coil buckets

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sticking with the stock size, 265/75 R16. Just starting to research tires. I have decided to stay with an all terrain vs going with a all season. Most studies says there is only a 3% difference in mpg between the two. I don't drive enough to be concerned.

I only do mild off road. Mostly going on FS or BLM dirt roads. I would guess 95% of my time is on pavement. So looking for a good all terrain highway tire.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Michelin LTX A/T2's are very good if you can afford them.

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
My buddy in Denver claimed Michelin LTX better in wintry weather than Michelin A/T2s.
Still digging my Mich Defender LTX...tons of siping for wet/wintry traction/conditions + quiet on hwy.

I'm of the opinion that if one doesn't drive more than 12k miles/yr that Michelins are a waste of money - as they will out-survive their usefulness when it comes to the recommended 7 years for replacing tires due to rubber becoming brittle over time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My buddy in Denver claimed Michelin LTX better in wintry weather than Michelin A/T2s.
Still digging my Mich Defender LTX...tons of siping for wet/wintry traction/conditions + quiet on hwy.

I'm of the opinion that if one doesn't drive more than 12k miles/yr that Michelins are a waste of money - as they will out-survive their usefulness when it comes to the recommended 7 years for replacing tires due to rubber becoming brittle over time.
That is one of the factors I am looking at is miles driven. I do about 7500 miles a year. Michelin's are a bit pricey compared to some of the other brands. I have no complaints on the Hankook's that came on the Frontier. There just doesn't seem to be much out there on the AT2's from users.

I still have about 5/32 left on the DynaPro's. So I have some time before they need to be replaced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I wish I didn't have the 18 inch tires and wheels but that's what it has from the factory so im stuck with them for now guess, Nissan says they are the same diameter and width as 16s.....uh ok.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Love my Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires. I have 265/60R18 and they are great for all 4 seasons. My driving is mostly pavement, but have no issue going mild offroad with these once in a while. Have about 12k miles on them, very quiet for AT tire on the highway great traction in wet and decent snow traction as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts