Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 sv 4x4 crew cab long box, value package.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 sv and was thinking about adding a halo ring kit to the factory headlight assembly. Has anyone done it? Opinions if you have? Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you just adding a halo around the stock reflector bowl, or are you retrofitting projectors and adding the halo around the projector shroud?

I retro'd my headlights and put a switchback ring inside the projector shroud so it shines through the openings. I'm not the biggest fan of seeing the white outline of the halo ring exposed in the headlight when it's mounted on the front.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Are you just adding a halo around the stock reflector bowl, or are you retrofitting projectors and adding the halo around the projector shroud?

I retro'd my headlights and put a switchback ring inside the projector shroud so it shines through the openings. I'm not the biggest fan of seeing the white outline of the halo ring exposed in the headlight when it's mounted on the front.

View attachment 329980

View attachment 329981
That looks so crisp!

·
Registered
2016 sv 4x4 crew cab long box, value package.
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

View attachment 329980

View attachment 329981

View attachment 329980

View attachment 329981
I found a kit made for the Frontier. It is just adding led rings to the stock housing. I have drls and am not sure how the leds will work with the lower voltage.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So, with the DRLs, I believe that those illuminate with reverse polarity feeding the headlight bulbs. I'm guessing you're asking about the wiring. Unless the kit specifically accounts for this, you're best bet would be to use a four pin relay and wire the trigger wire for the relay for your Halo's from a fuse tap in the fuse box that is only energized when your Frontier is in ACC or ON.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts