Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have t/s on my truck. Nistec halfshafts and radflow 2.5s. On full lock my half shafts just touch the coil overs. just wondering if other people have rectified the problem or if it's nothing to worry about. Carnt find any mention of this from searching, hoping it's not just my truck.

Thanks
Rob

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
I have t/s on my truck. Nistec halfshafts and radflow 2.5s. On full lock my half shafts just touch the coil overs. just wondering if other people have rectified the problem or if it's nothing to worry about. Carnt find any mention of this from searching, hoping it's not just my truck.

Thanks
Rob
Only on full lock? Are you talking your tie rods (steering) or CV shafts? (I'll assume you mean tie rods since you say only full lock) Are you running the extension shafts or titan rod ends? Is it hitting the spring or the shock body?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the extended half shafts. The halfshafts do move towards and away from the shock when you turn the steering but if you turn the steering to the right, the left halfshaft literally touches the ali part of the shock below the coil when on full lock. The other half shaft moves further away from the coilover. Vise Versa if you turn to the left.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I run the 2.5" dia Radflo's and when I had them on my Frontier, I had my CV shafts rub on the lock nut below the spring seat. I adjusted the seat and lock nut up about 1/8" and eliminated the issue. The change in preload raised the truck slightly but there was no noticeable change in ride quality.

I would suggest cleaning the threads on the shocks and soaking them with penetrating lube for a few days before attempting the adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts