Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big winter storm in San Diego! My poor fronty(baby) was outside in the rain and hail. Hope it doesn't rain next weekend. Have a trip planned to Knott's Berry Farm. :D

[/img][/img][/url]

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
and snow too. my buddy and i were driving east to buckman springs on our way to Los Pinos Mountain and just passed alpine, it started to snow. the snow level was well below 4000 ft.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, heard the snow level was at 2000 feet on local news. Also, interstate 8 was closed for some time right before Pine Valley. Over 200 crashes on San Diego freeways! Crazy out here!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hahaha, that's crazy! I lived there from Kindergarten all the way through college, and I remember that was the closest thing to snow that I've seen in metro San Diego. I hope you didn't get any dings! Hail here in OKC are like softballs compared to SD.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's pretty cool. :lol: We didn't get any of that over here by the the beach in La Jolla. I'm from NY though so i know what real snow is like. :)

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
Yeah I've been up in northern Cali this weekend on vacation and the snow here caused a 28 car pile up by the GoldenGate Bridge in Marin County. Pretty crazy!! I left Colorado to get away from the snow!! :evil:

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove to the mountains (Julian) to see the snow, just as everyone from San Diego did! I got to hear the awful "low tire" alarm. 36 degrees, 4000 ft. 40 miles from home. I freaked out, stoppped my truck, got out, walked around my truck to find they all looked normal. I thought to myself "Thank you technology", and all the computer crap they put on vehicles now"! LOL My tire pressure was not that low. I did pass a fronty owner, who happened to own the same truck and color as me, we looked at each other and waved! I thought to myself "what a good lookin truck!" Had a GREAT time! :D

[/img]

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Can someone say traffic again. lol My buddies were telling me all about it. I was supoose to go to San Felipe but i'm kinda thankful i didn't or else I would've had to get stuck in that traffic.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Try 40 lbs of air pressure at sea level. The General Grabbers run a lot better at that inflation.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
outlnder said:
Try 40 lbs of air pressure at sea level. The General Grabbers run a lot better at that inflation.
really? why 40? seems a little high. i usually run 34psi. the ride is much softer and i feel lke i have more contact with theride. especially during the rain. i too got the tpms warning beep while i was up in the mountains. it didnt bother me since i knew what it was and why it was warning me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Max pressure is 44 psi.

After airing up, the mushyness when turning is mostly gone. Also, when I check the tread pattern in soft dirt, it doesn't smudge like at 34 psi. Does that make sense?

40 psi just feels better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts