Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2331 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
My newest acquisitions arrived last week. Still works in progress. I made up proper slings today for my weak side style of carry. Cleaning rods arrived today. Tapco colored plastic front sights, Red Army retaining plates and Magpul MOE K2 grips.
KNS gas pistons will go in after a 100 rnd break in. Going to re-finish the wood darker and less shiny.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fine specimens!!

I just got a Henry steel frame lever in .22 mag and I put a Leupold 2-7x rimfire scope. haven't shot it yet but it has the usual Henry smooth action and quality fit and finish. It's my 4th Henry lever and if I could find the steel version of the .327 Mag I would have #5. I like em!

Happy father's day to all!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
97's are great guns. I used to shoot cowboys and indians and I used a 97 trench gun for the shotgun events along with a Stoeger 12 ga coach gun. 97 was so smooth...wish I still had it.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Before .
B6C0A73F-BE99-490F-9158-56C06515D76C.jpeg

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
After.
7D309B62-57E0-4282-80B9-6354C150F725.jpeg

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the same grips. The extremely expensive Colt grips are carefully put away, I take them out once in a while cause they look nice. I had it polished and ported, I worked on the sear and put a Wilson full length guide rod in.
Picked these 2 up at a garage sale for $300 each:

Milled Norinco Mak-90

1927 Winchester Model 97
I don;t know about the shotgun. but as you probably know, if you paid 300 for the MAK 90...Wow ! Great catch.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Love that S&W rear sight. I had similar work done on my Colt Gov - years ago.

I have the same grips. The extremely expensive Colt grips are carefully put away, I take them out once in a while cause they look nice. I had it polished and ported, I worked on the sear and put a Wilson full length guide rod in.

I don;t know about the shotgun. but as you probably know, if you paid 300 for the MAK 90...Wow ! Great catch.
Looking on past sales on Gunbroker - the shotgun in that condition is about right - $300 +/-. I wanted it for cowboy action shooting. Already have a pair of 357mag Uberti's and a Rossi 92 lever action, also in 357. Just needed a shotgun to complete the set. I plan to leave the barrel long. Might look into an action job, if that exists.

Couldn't pass up the Mak90. Figured most AK's are selling new in the $600 range. Looked up the Mak90 on gunbroker - 4 stamped version sold in the $900 range in the past 6 months. There is an identical twin to this one on there now with bids at $777:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Built the 45 close to 35-40 years ago.
Updated with a few things .
Originally machined slide for the k38 sights. Machined new front sight. Kept shearing Smith T-pin. Machined one out of alloy 66.
Squared trigger guard. Gold Cup trigger.
Peened frame. Lapped slide. Throated and ramped barrel. BarStol bushing
Sear and trigger work. Armand Swenson ambidextrous safety. Nickel plated .
Recent upgrades.
New front bushing .
Extended slide release. Extended mag release button.ightened hammer.
Stainless beaver tail.
Full recoil spring rod.
Finally replaced front sight insert.

·
Registered
315 Posts
My newest acquisitions arrived last week. Still works in progress. I made up proper slings today for my weak side style of carry. Cleaning rods arrived today. Tapco colored plastic front sights, Red Army retaining plates and Magpul MOE K2 grips.
KNS gas pistons will go in after a 100 rnd break in. Going to re-finish the wood darker and less shiny.

View attachment 306590
And after

Brake Kleen and a rag to strip them, a little sandpaper then stain. waited 24 hours then rubbed the stain with a soft rag to produce a low sheen finish. No top coat, maybe in a few weeks a coat of wax

·
Registered
983 Posts
SixSpeedManual looking good. I have a completely factory-stock unmodified German GSG AK in .22LR, the only one that can be legally owned here with the Gestapo in Annapolis Maryland. My wife likes it cause it has zero recoil, she has bad wrists and heavier recoil makes her arms hurt. I like my AR much better but when you can get a brick of .22LR 500 rounds for about $28.00, hard to beat the fun-factor to price ratio.

·
Registered
315 Posts
SixSpeedManual looking good. I have a completely factory-stock unmodified German GSG AK in .22LR, the only one that can be legally owned here with the Gestapo in Annapolis Maryland. My wife likes it cause it has zero recoil, she has bad wrists and heavier recoil makes her arms hurt. I like my AR much better but when you can get a brick of .22LR 500 rounds for about $28.00, hard to beat the fun-factor to price ratio.
I didn't realize until a while ago Maryland was such a... um...ahhh... Y'know I.ll leave it at that.

I loved it there when i was a kid and visited an uncle that grew soybeans, miles and miles of them. Later when I was travelling for work as a tech, I ended up in Baltimore a few times and spent a number of weeks. I guess I was there when it was still OK, I loved the harbor. Went to all the usuall places, Hard Rock, Hooters, ESPN etc. I was working within a stones throw of the stadium installing machinery.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Working on my black powder derringers. Made one a long time ago, Thought I would make a matching pair.
Going to machine octagon barrels, Short , 2 inches.
Going Tom jewel the barrels . Well that is the plan.
God I hate working with wood!
741DF8DE-22FD-4609-813E-A0C7C3AE3C8A.jpeg

·
Registered
315 Posts
Working on my black powder derringers. Made one a long time ago, Thought I would make a matching pair.
Going to machine octagon barrels, Short , 2 inches.
Going Tom jewel the barrels . Well that is the plan.
God I hate working with wood! View attachment 308229 View attachment 308229
Two inch barrel with black powder, that should be awesome! Post a pic of the fireball when you can

·
Registered
4,369 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Almost done with polishing.
Still need to cut in half.
Bore to size and tap 1/2-20.