Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 2331 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well, I am in California and it is really hard to get a CC.......
it may be a matter of time before WA is californicated so I'm enjoying it while I still can.
I was shredding files last month and had just gotten to this handful: 45 yrs worth of CCW
(now called CPL in WA) approvals.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes Sir, I used to shoot National Match back in the 70's...mostly Gold Cups, Model 52 and High Standard Supermatic Trophy. Carried a Hi Power at work for 13 years after I hung up my model 19. Can't beat Glocks for anything serious or IDPA and the like IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
This is GREAT!!

A combination truck/gun CLUB!! Do I fit in??

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Proud to say I was stationed in NC for 3 years and miss the Eastern Carolina BBQ a lot. If not for the humidity I would have seriously considered retiring there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is GREAT!!

A combination truck/gun CLUB!! Do I fit in??
Crikey! I see you won't have to reload for a while...but when you do, it might take a few minutes! LOL

****, I haven't seen that many guns in a large gun store!

Soooo....I'm a late starter on this thread and not sure I want to go back and read all the 225 pages...would it be inappropriate to ask what people are doing for locking a handgun in the Fronty? Maybe a sliding drawer under the drivers seat like this one perhaps?
I had one in my Jeep. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
PPK on the visor, G23 in the console, AR pistol (in .277 Wolverine) on the floor in the back and a 20 ga Mossberg 14" pump behind the driver's seat. Of course a G27 on the hip.

Welcome to the US...here visiting or here to stay?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Back many moons I knew a couple Aussies that I used to take smoke breaks with from Alice Springs...a crazy hard drinkin pair and a lot of fun. I never really learned to speak your language though.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Well, I know that's a ton of fire power on the living room floor, but my favorite
carry right now is my Heckler & Koch (HK) P30SKS Sub 9mmx19 15+1 Hammer fire
Double action/single action w/Ambidextrous Mag release.
It looks like a pistol that Batman would carry!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
“Drop in” parts are not hardly drop in.
Lot of hand fitting.
The new grip safety is going to take a lot of work.
New bushing(.0015 clearance, was .004)
Full length recoil spring guide
Extended slide release.
New lightened hammer(not done)
Extended mag release(not done).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Friend was pricing a Springfield Armory 45. $1700!!! Crazy!
When I was into guns, the premier gunsmith
was Armand Swenson. Don’t know what it cost but there was a 2-3 year wait.
Jim Hoag built some nice 45’s.

·
Registered
40 Posts
“Drop in” parts are not hardly drop in.
Lot of hand fitting.
The new grip safety is going to take a lot of work.
New bushing(.0015 clearance, was .004)
Full length recoil spring guide
Extended slide release.
New lightened hammer(not done)
Extended mag release(not done).
just a suggestion...get a 1" wide fine Scotch Brite wheel on a grinder and carefully use that to fit parts. That takes a lot of the work out of the process. Be careful since it's not easy to put the material back once you remove it. Use a light touch and it will polish steel nicely.

·
Registered
229 Posts
How have I missed this thread! OR how do I not remember seeing it!

Just picked up an M1A and am working on a SHTF build with it. Parts to come are a Sage EBR stock, and custom optic mount that will let me run irons, a 4x, and a red-dot/holo all at the same time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
M1A in it's various forms is a fine gun!

I've chosen to follow the AR 10 route instead due to the modular nature of AR's. One lower set up as you like and that becomes the basis of many different calibers based on the .308 mother case. I'm building a .338 Fed upper now and trying to keep it under 8 lbs with an empty mag and scope. I have a Tikka in .338 Fed and it's a very useful caliber.

BTW, I fly airplanes (Cessna 170, Challenger and I'm building a Super Cub clone) and ride bikes...Harley, Goldwing, DRZ 400E and SM, TW 200 and 3 with training wheels (4 wheelers) and snow machines this time of year...variety keeps ya going!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
just a suggestion...get a 1" wide fine Scotch Brite wheel on a grinder and carefully use that to fit parts. That takes a lot of the work out of the process. Be careful since it's not easy to put the material back once you remove it. Use a light touch and it will polish steel nicely.
I did most of the latest work with Swiss files ,220-600 grit sand paper. Trigger and sear work I did mostly with Arkansas white stones.
I can hold tenths on biores with thiis but the bushing just needed to be opened a few thousandths.
When I first built it,I had access to a lot more equipment thanI do now but still had a lot of hand work ( mostly opening tthe trigger slot for the “Gold Cup “ trigger.
The biggest was access to the plating shop at work. I had it nickel plated there.
I did the machine work for the k38 sights on the same make and model mill that Ihave now.
Thanks for the tip.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
M1A in it's various forms is a fine gun!

I've chosen to follow the AR 10 route instead due to the modular nature of AR's. One lower set up as you like and that becomes the basis of many different calibers based on the .308 mother case. I'm building a .338 Fed upper now and trying to keep it under 8 lbs with an empty mag and scope. I have a Tikka in .338 Fed and it's a very useful caliber.

BTW, I fly airplanes (Cessna 170, Challenger and I'm building a Super Cub clone) and ride bikes...Harley, Goldwing, DRZ 400E and SM, TW 200 and 3 with training wheels (4 wheelers) and snow machines this time of year...variety keeps ya going!
Woo sounds like you got quite a few fun toys!

I agree variety keeps ya going, but my wallet doesn't! Between an old british motorcycle, a few new ones, the truck, whisky and cigars, and firearms. . .I need a second AND third job!

I make beer, I don't make money, as it goes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
All of my toys are old too...retired and lots of time to fix em...newest is an 05 DRZ, the 170 is a 1948. Just picked em up over the years and like guns you never sell motorcycles or planes.

2241 - 2260 of 2331 Posts