Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted in a other thread about my search for a good upgrade for my headlight and fog lights, I finally decided to replace my fogs with a set of MORIMOTO led lamp set. My search found a few YouTube videos from "Headlight revolution led shoot out" (check it out) the video stated the GTR lighting gen 3 bulbs will work well in our OEM reflector headlight housings .I have contacted GTR lighting thru email and there response is they will work very well and if not happy with them ,they offer a full refund (in like new condition of coarse ) . At around $240.00 a set of 9007 bulbs there not as expensive a set of replacement projector housings at $700-800.00 a set.
Has anyone tried these yet ? ,if so any feedback would be a big help all of us here. I am personally thinking of trying them out

·
Super Moderator
19,659 Posts
I have posted in a other thread about my search for a good upgrade for my headlight and fog lights, I finally decided to replace my fogs with a set of MORIMOTO led lamp set. My search found a few YouTube videos from "Headlight revolution led shoot out" (check it out) the video stated the GTR lighting gen 3 bulbs will work well in our OEM reflector headlight housings .I have contacted GTR lighting thru email and there response is they will work very well and if not happy with them ,they offer a full refund (in like new condition of coarse ) . At around $240.00 a set of 9007 bulbs there not as expensive a set of replacement projector housings at $700-800.00 a set.
Has anyone tried these yet ? ,if so any feedback would be a big help all of us here. I am personally thinking of trying them out
Good luck with that. Unless those LED bulbs have something to focus the light beams when mounted inside a reflector housing, I don't see how they can claim they work well with said housings. I did not see any pics on their website so it's hard to gauge. HID projectors are not $700-800 a set if you DIY.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the youtube videos ,they show a focusing piece on the bulb to address the light management or beam shape

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry i tried to post the email from GTR and the video link ,could not get it to work ,you can search "headlight revolution LED shoot out " to see it ,in the video they use a dodge ram reflector headlight housing for the test

·
Super Moderator
19,659 Posts
If this is the video I'm still not convinced that the light would perform on the road without scattered light issues. They are testing the beam pattern on a wall but it would be better if they tested them outdoors in the dark IMHO.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok ,I took the plunge and bought the GTR gen 3 9007 led bulbs ,the low beams are the cleanest I personally found out of about 30 pairs I tried off of Amazon (really easy to returns) ,high beams are bright and flood the area ahead, not as focused as I had with my stock/aftermarket PIAA halogen bulbs ,I did need to focus the beams by turning them until I got the flat pattern I liked. I admit projectors prob. would better focused ,GTR will take them back but could only see for store credit ,not refund payment.

·
Super Moderator
19,659 Posts
Ok ,I took the plunge and bought the GTR gen 3 9007 led bulbs ,the low beams are the cleanest I personally found out of about 30 pairs I tried off of Amazon (really easy to returns) ,high beams are bright and flood the area ahead, not as focused as I had with my stock/aftermarket PIAA halogen bulbs ,I did need to focus the beams by turning them until I got the flat pattern I liked. I admit projectors prob. would better focused ,GTR will take them back but could only see for store credit ,not refund payment.
Pics?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried to get some posted earlier they did not turn out well ,I'll try to post some later this week ,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like I said earlier ,not perfect as projector headlight housings ,and expensive bulbs .The GTR LEDs seem to be made well and easy to install .I tried the top rated HID, led and PIAA extreme plus halogen bulbs on AMAZON these perform better and are brighter than those.These are around 6000k in color and match the MORIMOTO led replacement fog lights well

·
Super Moderator
19,659 Posts
this low beam and high beam pics on my way to work
If I were you I would let somebody drive your truck while you drive their vehicle in opposite directions so you can see just how much that beam could blind oncoming drivers. It's scattered in many different directions and that hotspot could fry some eyeballs of drivers approaching you from the opposite direction.

Cutoff of my projector HID lights.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Those projectors look great ,I may end up with some my self once I find some I like ,as to low beams ,my daughter helps run a shop and she tested them ,came in spec. , on the practical end ,did look the at the on coming light ,they light up just above a rear bumper ahead of me so not a problem ,not to mention my area crawls with police and no problems there either :)

just have to fine tune them (very easy to do by turning them to adjust beam pattern),
I did notice there is openings on the bulbs base and the other side is solid ,with the solid side up they aim more down than with the open side up ,aimed mine were solid side down drivers side and passenger side is open side slightly turn in

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am guessing the next gen will be better ,or ill pick some projectors up someday

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got a set of Morimoto led for my fogs in MY frontier ,look at the h11 Philips X-tream 6000k led bulbs, I put them in my wife's 2012 maxima fog light housings ,they work great

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put the same gtr lighting bulbs in do the low beams seem like the have a wider pattern than highs do? My highs look like they should be the low beam. When i run hids I have to reverse polarity to get the high and lows to work correctly. The gtr led are simple and only one way to hook them up which I like how simple they compared to running hids wires everywhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The earlier pics I posted was before I turned to (aim) the bulb to get the best pattern (and not blind other drivers),I like the color ,but do admit they are not as good as true projector headlamps, also my high beams are less focused as the stock beams but I rarely need high beams where I live, if so the morimoto fogs really help then

1 - 20 of 26 Posts