Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get my 2-meter ham radio put in tomorrow. I'd like to run the power to the battery thru the firewall on the passenger side since that's where the battery is.

I know there's a big grommet thru on the drivers side but is there one on the pass side?

Also, it looks like there are fuses on the positive terminal clamp on the battery. Can I just go downstream (the truck side not the battery side) and tie my 12V hot onto one of those?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
theres one on both sides of the first gens, theres gotta be one on both sides.

i would run a ground wire and a hot wire directly to the battery dont tie into anything. if your gunna run from the battery run from the battery.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was not sure about those fuses on the positive terminal.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Thanks. I was not sure about those fuses on the positive terminal.
well i mean you could do that if you wanted. i just dont like the fact of tapping into factory wiring. you know what i mean?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
There should be a couple of plugs near the FM radio antenna cable; just pop one out and use a grommet. Alot shorter/cheaper than running clear across the engine bay to the DS.

g/l

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Folks I have looked up/down/left/right and cannot find any plugs in the firewall that can come out to run through. Under the antenna... the antenna is behind the firewall, and I can't really see between the firewall and the fusebox anyway.

For the antenna, is there any holes thru the floor that I can use to get through? Thinking of going thru the floor, underneath the truck and back up between the cab and bed.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I am only aware of the one on the drivers side. If there is one on the passenger side I would be interested to know where.

As for the terminal, there are several connection points on the positive terminal that you can use that won't interfere with the fuses.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used a different method. Ran the wiring into the center console compartment and plugged it into the switched outlet. Just could not find a way to get thru the wall.

For the antenna, I went in thru the grommet on the front wall of the bed and thru the relief vent behind the seat. Made for a nice clean install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts