Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I am not mistaken, the shape of the headlights changed slightly from 09 to 2010 and later models. And thus making any aftermarket grille that was offered to 05-09 models not compatible with 2010 and up models. Therefore can anyone help me out with this grille on Amazon, I can't figure out if it will fit my 2018 Pro-4X. The shape of the headlights in the pictures suggest that it will, however when checking fitment in through Amazon Garage, it says it won't. Has anyone tried this grille? Thanks

·
Registered
622 Posts
So if I am not mistaken, the shape of the headlights changed slightly from 09 to 2010 and later models. And thus making any aftermarket grille that was offered to 05-09 models not compatible with 2010 and up models. Therefore can anyone help me out with this grille on Amazon, I can't figure out if it will fit my 2018 Pro-4X. The shape of the headlights in the pictures suggest that it will, however when checking fitment in through Amazon Garage, it says it won't. Has anyone tried this grille? Thanks

see the question and answer section in the Amazon listing. People there with saying it fit their 2016, 2017, etc.. so would mean it should fit yours.. I'm sure there will be more comments to come on this post but the grille and headlights changed with the "facelift" as well as hood shape and bumper..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see the question and answer section in the Amazon listing. People there with saying it fit their 2016, 2017, etc.. so would mean it should fit yours.. I'm sure there will be more comments to come on this post but the grille and headlights changed with the "facelift" as well as hood shape and bumper..

Well now i feel like an idiot for forgetting the Q&A portion of the Amazon. hahaha thanks. But am i correct that that was part of the "facelift" Nissan did in 2010?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well now i feel like an idiot for forgetting the Q&A portion of the Amazon. hahaha thanks. But am i correct that that was part of the "facelift" Nissan did in 2010?
Haha it happens..
yes grille and headlight were probably the most noticeable part of the front-end changes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha it happens..
yes grille and headlight were probably the most noticeable part of the front-end changes.
man, that sucks, a few options that we could have been able to use (at least what i found on ebay) are out of reach now. I wish some one could design a nice grille of this style for our model

·
Registered
622 Posts
man, that sucks, a few options that we could have been able to use (at least what i found on ebay) are out of reach now. I wish some one could design a nice grille of this style for our model

yeah most people are building their own or are paying to have them custom built. There was a thread (more of a feeler) here a few months ago for a nice looking grille and seeing who was interested. I think it was a bot as the dude never actually replied. It looked nice with big bold NISSAN lettering across the front (similar to what you've posted the link for). Search the forum and there are a couple of DIY's on here where people built their own with mesh material from the hardware store.

Here's one such build.. RBP style grille for frontier??????

There's also another nice option from rigid industries which incorporates a lightbar, but IIRC it was pretty pricey.. like $400ish.. not sure if this one is still being produced though, might have to find it second-hand.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah most people are building their own or are paying to have them custom built. There was a thread (more of a feeler) here a few months ago for a nice looking grille and seeing who was interested. I think it was a bot as the dude never actually replied. It looked nice with big bold NISSAN lettering across the front (similar to what you've posted the link for). Search the forum and there are a couple of DIY's on here where people built their own with mesh material from the hardware store.

Here's one such build.. RBP style grille for frontier??????

There's also another nice option from rigid industries which incorporates a lightbar, but IIRC it was pretty pricey.. like $400ish.. not sure if this one is still being produced though, might have to find it second-hand.
i think i might play around and see if i can make my own somehow. Ugh, i love this truck but this market is a killer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts