Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any ideas for doing this much appreciated. that
big opening is bugging me I guess...why coudn't nissan do a similar crosshatch piece of plastic there?

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I used 1/4" gap metal screen, called "hardware cloth", from Home Depot. I cut it to fit an inch large, painted it black, bent it into place and riveted it to hold it; all from the inside after removing the bottom part for access.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool - that's what I'm talking about. must have set you back all of 10 bucks. thanks for tip.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I found photos, did some up top too. It looks like I used a pneumatic staple gun, not rivets - SORRY !!!

Before:

·
Registered
593 Posts
ok - lites I guess . looks good. I found place that makes the stuff = probably will get something from them
I worked with customcargrills.com: posts #41 and #42

·
Registered
360 Posts
My 2019 with Black out headlights and upper and lower billet grills.

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just not a big fan of Billet style, but glad they were an easy install for you. As I went with the mesh style, honeycomb was gone completely. No overlays for me, more of an integrated look.
I wasn't about to cut up the stock grill on a 2 week old truck...lol ! Plus if I didn't like it, I'd still have an untouched stock one. Thanks, Bob. Merry Christmas

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used a piece of perforated metal, cut to size, painted black and zip tied in place. Been in place for 7 years this way. Pay no attention to the bugs, trips between Nevada and Texas, it gets that way ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts