Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for my first oil change the other day and when I was walking towards my truck today I noticed some grey foam hanging from underneath...It was partially attached..Its located under the radiator area by the front inside of motor skid cover....Anyone know what the purpose of it is?..I just pushed it back in for now but will reattach it with something when I know its purpose..Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually It's like pipe foam insulation and it it stuck up underneath.. don't really know the reason for it but I think I know the dam part you are referring to but I think this is something else.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Actually It's like pipe foam insulation and it it stuck up underneath.. don't really know the reason for it but I think I know the dam part you are referring to but I think this is something else.
Then I'm thinking it aint factory

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Yes..that looks like it...any idea what it's for?....Thank you
Airdam. It seals the body to the rad, like i mentioned above. Truthfully it does very little. Mine are all off

·
Registered
62 Posts
I live in sunny and hot FLA. No issues with cooling or A/C and this foam strip has been throw away months ago. My concern was that it would get tangled up in the belt and do some damage. I actually thought it was just some trash that get lodged in there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts