Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased a 2017 Frontier King Cab Pro 4X with six speed manual. They say this factory order could take up to three months to build. I guess the wait will be worth it. Toyota wanted 10 grand more for their little pickup with the same options.

I love driving standards. Started with a VW Bug in 1969, worked up to a 68 Pontiac Firebird 400 ragtop, hurst shifter, a few more standards, then it happened. I got married in 1975 and we hatched a bunch of kids over the next 7 years or so. Had to use vans and landboats with automatic trannys so my free hand could whack whoever needed whacking (bitter half included). Finally now, in my 65th year I can move back to a fun vehicle.

Cheers,
Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
wo, what color?

and they couldn't find one anywhere?

is it hard to find because of the 6 speed?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
wo, what color?

and they couldn't find one anywhere?

is it hard to find because of the 6 speed?
Lava Red and yes, no standard tranny King Cab in Canada at all, and only one King Cab (with auto, and wrong color) in Canada. 500 miles from me, but I want red with standard.
So looking forward to getting into some back country Brook Trout! :)

Here's a photo from the dealer book: www.yrf.ca/2605.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Nice

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just purchased a 2017 Frontier King Cab Pro 4X with six speed manual. They say this factory order could take up to three months to build. I guess the wait will be worth it. Toyota wanted 10 grand more for their little pickup with the same options.

I love driving standards. Started with a VW Bug in 1969, worked up to a 68 Pontiac Firebird 400 ragtop, hurst shifter, a few more standards, then it happened. I got married in 1975 and we hatched a bunch of kids over the next 7 years or so. Had to use vans and landboats with automatic trannys so my free hand could whack whoever needed whacking (bitter half included). Finally now, in my 65th year I can move back to a fun vehicle.

Cheers,
Chuck
Welcome to the partay! How much did ya pay 4 it?

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the forums ... I have only one suggestion for you and your new Frontier. Run away from these forums, run away fast!
So many great folks around here ... they are all helpful and kind and the next thing that you know you are modding your truck from the front bumper to the rear bumper. :)

Another old guy driving a King Cab 6 speed .... Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
'15 SV 6-sp: 18 weeks from order date to delivery. Worth it.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Welcome to the forums ... I have only one suggestion for you and your new Frontier. Run away from these forums, run away fast!
So many great folks around here ... they are all helpful and kind and the next thing that you know you are modding your truck from the front bumper to the rear bumper. :)

Another old guy driving a King Cab 6 speed .... Enjoy!
Perfect! I look forward to the info and ideas.

'15 SV 6-sp: 18 weeks from order date to delivery. Worth it.
18 weeks! Wow. I'm stuck driving the 07 Santa Fe until my real ride gets here. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow - didn't think that was an option unless you got a CC? I LOVE my 17 ProX KC (and mines in Lava Red as well) with no regrets on the auto, but a manual would have been cool. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
Wow - didn't think that was an option unless you got a CC? I LOVE my 17 ProX KC (and mines in Lava Red as well) with no regrets on the auto, but a manual would have been cool. Enjoy!!
P4X KC 6-sp only available in Canada. Not sure about SV.

'15 was last year for 6-sp KC in US.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Love the red color. Enjoy,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts