Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, joined so I can stay up to date with the Frontier goings-on. I just bought my mom a new '16 auto 4.0 crewcab, gun metallic SV with value truck pkg and moonroof.. to replace her '96 tacoma with 300,000+ miles (going to brother in law). Mom's very excited about going to the dealer tomorrow to drive it home, photo of actual truck below.

We're a pickup truck family; the wifey recently got a new Ridgeline after driving her '02 Dakota 4.7 auto crewcab for 14 years, Dakota will now be our son's, I have an '05 Tundra crewcab 4x4 and a '05 Duramax-Allison LWB crewcab 4x4 (a very comfortable ride). So looks like we have one of each pickup manufacturer covered, LOL !!

I hadn't considered Nissan pickups but Mom wanted a low to the ground pickup and the new Taco's are just too hard for her to climb in (she's 75) so we looked at Frontiers and I was very very impressed with how well they seem built and the amount of REAL steel they still use VS plastic that Toyotoa, Honda and GM uses in their mid-size pickups. Very pleased with the 4-wheel disc brakes (can't believe Taco's still have drum rears).

Mom didn't want navigation, lane assist or impact-assist braking but he sure loves moonroofs, and since her car is convertible the Frontier's moonroof is simply perfect. Mom also likes the extra horsepower the V6 Nissan motor provides, she doesn't like to dilly-dally when pulling out in traffic. For sure the price of these Nissans is very attractive, my wallet is happy.

Anyway, waving a hand.. hello ~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the welcome mat !! Mom picked up the Frontier Monday and she's had couple days behind the wheel and when my wifely asked her what her favorite thing about the new truck was, mom replied "the acceleration" and I figured she was going to say it was the backup camera, LOL !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts