Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Greetings from Norway!

4K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  benjamin84 
#1 ·
Hi All!

Been a member here for ages but never posted anything. Finally got my 2015 Navara delivered on Monday, must say I am incredibly pleased! Planning to take the truck on some moderately challenging off-road excursions and hope to learn lots from you guys on this forum :)

The truck is a V6 Diesel Navara (240hp, 550 Nm) with a couple of add-ons:

- ARB Lockers, Front and Rear
- General Grabber AT2 tires, 265/70-17
- Bullbar with Rigid Industries E2-20" LED's
- Truxedo Bed Cover
- Vortex Bed Liner
- Roll-bar with grating
- Furry dice

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I should say welcome back! Nice looking rig. I see they are still using the older style headlights, correct me if i'm wrong. Let the mods begin. How is your mileage with the diesel?

#3 ·
Thanks :) Didn't know there was a difference between the Frontier and Navara headlights! To be honest I don't understand why the Navara doesn't get the Pathfinders Xenon setup, but the Rigid Industries LED Bar more than compensates ;)

Using around 10 litres / 100 km (23.5 US mpg) on mixed driving including some mild off-roading and a bit of 70 mph motorway mileage. Pretty good considering the power it has :)

#5 ·
Thanks :) The roll bar is actually part of the re-build needed to approve the truck as a commercial vehicle in Norway and is made by Nissan. The requirement states that you have to have a wall between the cargo area and the drivers seat that can withstand a certain amount of load. In addition I can only have two seats in the truck, so the rear three are removed.

Why would I do that you ask? Well the truck cost me $70.000 as a commercial vehicle, if I wanted all five seats it would have been over $130.000. Taxes on cars are my least favourite thing about this country :?

#9 ·
benjamin84 said:
.. Furry dice
:) Nice touch my friend!

I like the "headache rack" a bunch. Nissan USA would sell thousands of these if they thought to make them available here.

#11 ·
Great looking truck. I'm envious the diesel.

Would you snap a pic or the back minus the seats? Just curious what it looks like.

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome all :) Initially I was not too keen on the roll-bar, and as it is welded on it is not possible to remove. After using the truck for a week and carrying a variety of stuff in the bed I must say I have changed my mind, it is really handy to have, and also strong enough to work as extra tie-down points.

Took two pics of the interior - the dash is very different from the US version for some reason! The V6 diesel only comes in one trim level with navigation, BOSE audio, leather and a few other useful gadgets :) Surprisingly luxurious for a truck!

(Edit: The dice have been with me for almost ten years, have been in every car I have owned since I graduated ;))

In the rear I have a plastic tub that I use to hold groceries and other small items to stop them rolling around everywhere. I also have a bag full of useful stuff, some of it winter-specific:

- Tie down straps
- Bungee cords
- Towing rope
- Shovel
- Ice scraper
- Blanket (crossing the mountains in Norway during winter can involve 6 hour waits if the weather turns)
- Duct-tape
- Zip-ties
- Leatherman

Attachments

#14 ·
Thankfully I have the back seats stored in my basement: when the need arises (and money allows) I can re-register the truck and get them installed again :) The price for doing so goes down every year, after 3 or 4 years it becomes a bit more pallatable than the current 70 grand fee!

#15 ·
The truck is a V6 Diesel Navara (240hp, 550 Nm) with a couple of add-ons:
I looked up the conversion and 550Nm is ~= to 406 lbs/ft Torque.

Getting to Norway (my home country) is on my bucket list. My Dad was 100% Norwegian making me 50%. Funny though...I so dig our Midwestern Summers here in the US. Hot/Humid just plain does me right! I actually don't care for Winter's at all...though I tolerate them, just because they happen...every year it seems.
::smile:: ::laugh::

#17 ·
I'm a bit of a country boy (love my trucks and guns), but the heat in the midwest would do me in. Anything above 25 degrees (77 fahrenheit?) makes me grumpy ;) If you visit Norway go to the west or the north, that's where the scenery is! The attached pic is from the top of a place called Trollstigen (the trolls ladder), great destination for a road-trip!

The truck is a beast for towing thanks to the torque! I had a Pathfinder with the same engine before I got the Navara, towed 3.5 tonnes (7.700 lbs) without breaking a sweat :)

Attachments

#21 ·
The Navara is much roomier inside, that wall was very annoying in the Pathfinder. It was slightly too far forward to get a good seating position!

All these kind words about the roll bar have made me realise it is actually quite handy to have :cool: The general concensus here is that they are ugly - but that is mostly because they are forced upon us by the government!

#23 · (Edited)
Wow. That's a substantially different (and nicer looking) interior than we have here in the US. I'm planning to spend my summer off road as well and am looking forward to hearing about your excursions. I also noticed that the foreign gauge cluster is white while the US one is amber. I wonder why? I sure wish I could import a Navara diesel…

It's also funny how you get bose audio while we have rockford fosgate.

#26 ·
I have to agree, for some reason the Navara interior (at least if you get the navigation and Bose setup) looks more modern than the Frontier. It was re-done like this in 2011 when the V6 diesel was launched I think.

The only other V6 diesel truck we can get here is the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel, but that is enormous and would be too big for parking spaces, garages, and especially the few off-road trails we have.

One more thing. Do you know if your truck was built in the US or elsewhere?
I believe mine was built in the spanish factory :)

#27 ·
As I am so pleased with my truck I can't seem to stop taking pictures of it :) A few more interior shots, showing the differences between the EU Navara and the US Frontier as well as the ARB switch placement, and a view of the engine bay with the V6 diesel and the ARB compressor.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.