Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to find this forum. I'm the happy owner of a new (to me) 2002 Frontier XE 6 cylinder 4x4. I had a '98 Chevy S10 long bed, which served me well when I was renovating our former house and then our current house. But all the major work is done and my wife was after me to get a smaller truck with 4x4 and an auto trans:surprise:. I wanted a single cab or, at most, a king cab. Should be easy enough to find, right? I looked for weeks. Internet ,dealers, used car lots, craigslist, eBay, Carfax, Autoswap. A truck with "Low mileage" might have been driven to the moon and back. A truck in "very good condition" just needed a little frame welding. Newer used trucks with all the bells and whistles cost about the same as a used space shuttle. I was about to give up and get a small SUV to pull a utility trailer. Then my wife, (who is a research librarian) spent 20 minutes on the internet and found the Frontier at a used car dealer just over the line in Mass. I called, he still had the truck, I drove up the next day, and the deal got done. 68k miles, nary a dent, a few small scratches, not a hint of rust, minty interior, one owner since new. The deal included 4 new tires, cat back exhaust and O2 sensor, new front brakes and rotors, oil change, and tune up. I Traded in the S10. As I drove the Frontier home a tear ran down my cheek at parting with my good old Chevy - until I hit my first of 6 traffic jams and didn't have to hold that 300 pound clutch pedal to the floor. Since then I've been getting to know the Frontier and am more and more impressed and happy with it. I see many useful miles ahead.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts