Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys,

Recently purchased an 02 Frontier XE several months ago in April with only 113k miles. Needed a daily where I wouldn't mind putting miles on it (I drive 32 miles one way to work) so I figured a 4 cylinder pickup truck would do the job & aid in building my car where I can throw car parts in the bed. Anyways, the truck came with an A.R.E. fiberglass bed cover that I want to get rid of & replace with other aftermarket exterior mods. I'm looking for a toolbox, a cover that'll fit with the toolbox but also rolls or folds up (I guess a tonneau cover), a bed extender & also an extended rack that goes over the bed but also goes as far as on top of the cab (I want to be able to transport kayaks/canoes etc.) So I'm wondering if anyone else has ever done this setup before & if so, how would all the different components work together. Just need a little help & guidance & to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
TA

·
Vendor
2,587 Posts
Welcome on board! Glad to have you here. You've came to the right place - this forum is a great resource with tons of useful information. There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. Be sure to reach out if there something we could do to help!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been a while since I posted in here. I modified my Frontier to have a ladder rack, UWS toolbox & bed extender. Worked perfect for my kayak trips. Unfortunately, the transmission went out after owning it for about 10 months. Only had 130k miles on it. So instead of replacing the transmission & spending $1500-$2k, I decided to trade it in. I got a 2005 Frontier with 150k miles. Of course, the rack, toolbox & bed extender don't fit the newer truck so I'm looking to replace everything asap so I can haul my kayaks. This is the rack setup I'm looking to go for. If anyone can point me in the right direction to purchase these parts, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/attachments/f114/28433d1282704731-fs-nj-nissan-titan-sliding-overhead-racks-img_0039.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I've found a new UWS toolbox, a utilitrack system with 5 cleats & a bed extender. All for a good price (or so I think). Just need to find a rack that mounts to the utilitrack. More specifically, the same one that is show in the picture I listed above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts