Nissan Frontier Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Great truck
898 Posts
Ha ha ha/\

I have had to do that to remove really tight filters also.

Glad the truck is going. That's great

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Returned the engine and transmission to the junkyard 320 mile drive, good to break it in. Got a new air box (old one is cracked). The new one is part Pathfinder part Armada.( No fronty air box). Top cover was broken on the pathfinder, but the top cover from the Armada should work.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Right now I’m considering a degree in marketing or management. I want to own my own lawn care/ landscaping business, but the skills I’m able to learn now will help me repair my equipment, and do the regular maintenance. Over the years I have found that I enjoy being my own boss, and making my own schedule.
You will never regret the decision to own your own business as much as the decision to play it safe and work for someone else, go for it!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Im curious, so I’ve been reading and trying to find an inflation chart. I remember reading that those thicker heavier tires heat up faster and retain more heat, requiring higher pressures to operate safely. I just don’t know what “enough” is for our trucks. I’ll let you know if I find anything useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
Well bad news the transmission is screwed 2018 with 33,000 miles, complete garbage. It keeps throwing different codes and won’t shift right. My guess is that the truck the trans cane out of was in a hard frontal collision which caused the engine to slide under the body and into the transmission. All that force might have messed up the internals. The torque converter also screams at 2,000-3,000 RPM, before losing the gear with no power then shifting HARD. Next we’re getting one that was “Re-manufactured” with a 5 year warranty. Just annoyed it’s got to come out again. Oh and the Tranny fluid had clutch material in it. Kinda weird it worked okay for 550 miles though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
Codes if anyone’s interested.....moral of story if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. We asked the last owner how often he changed the fluid, apparently it was always way before the time it needed it. That trans is gone now.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts