Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got the truck on Saturday this week with 18,000 miles. The dealer gave me a screaming deal, and I have a written repair order for damage to the hood and driver rear door dent... He would not ,however, repair the gravel damage to the rear fenders just in front of the tires near the bottom...

I was thinking of sanding and cleaning, then adding a few coats of rubberized bed liner or something like that. Just the damaged section, not the whole fender...

Anyone have thoughts, ideas, or results from fixing this area of your trucks?

Also, why is there what looks like a mud guard in front of the tire instead of behind? Is this factory? or did some goof just put it in the wrong place?

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
So I got the truck on Saturday this week with 18,000 miles. The dealer gave me a screaming deal, and I have a written repair order for damage to the hood and driver rear door dent... He would not ,however, repair the gravel damage to the rear fenders just in front of the tires near the bottom...

I was thinking of sanding and cleaning, then adding a few coats of rubberized bed liner or something like that. Just the damaged section, not the whole fender...

Anyone have thoughts, ideas, or results from fixing this area of your trucks?

Also, why is there what looks like a mud guard in front of the tire instead of behind? Is this factory? or did some goof just put it in the wrong place?
your dealer mechanic was drinking on the job... lol, just kidding... the engineers say it helps with aero-dynamics, get some better emm pee gee's (whatever that is)... really they're damage multipliers if you go off in the dirt.

I found when I took off my front air-dam and what-ever-you-want-to-call-them front mudflaps I lost a whopping 1mpg... likely it was mostly from the front air-dams... keep them or toss them there isn't much difference. Perhaps if you stick with stock tire size, stock or lowered height they may help (particularly the front lip.... air-dam)

As to 'fixing' the speckled paint before the rear tire, I'd use a hard-rubber type bedliner like LineX or Rustoleum versus a soft one like RhinoLiner. Its a real rock magnet. Some folk have bed-lined the full rocker and up a little onto the rear fender buldge, others have given up and did both front & rear fenders, rocker and part-way up the doors. I've also seen some have success with a repaint and then some 3M film (reapplied annually)

·
Registered
916 Posts
My fenders look about the same. I'm going to clean up the areas and repair the worst chips. Then I'll put bigger sheets of 3M clear bra on so I don't have to think about it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts