Nissan Frontier Forum banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I was going to do some actual measurements tonight. One thing I have noticed is on stock, the entire passenger mirror is curved (objects may be closer than they appear) but on these the main mirror is flat, so you lose that wide angle. Yes, the lower mirror is curved, but it's still harder to see. It's a small thing, but I didn't realize how much I liked/got used to that curved mirror. But I'll get some measurements and post my findings.
With the amount of driving I do, it took a few months to adapt to the different setup, now, I can't do without those split mirrors, I actually find I can scan them quicker for a better view. My one issue is the convex on the right mirror moves too easily. After every washing it has to be readjusted.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
Reactions: Graidian

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
I really need to get a list together of "spare parts" I have. Taillights, stereo bracket, under seat storage, all the random bits I've pulled off over the years that I know I'm never going to throw back in.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #305 (Edited)
Got a newer lightbar with more lumen...ness. I will find a decent back road to get some comparison pictures up once everything is buttoned up. I also went through and fixed a couple broken links on my main page and adjusted the colors for those of you using the not dark theme. I guess I will have to add a 52" curved light bar to my list of things to sell...

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Little bit of an impulse buy. Splash of color and some grip/sound deadening (from things rattling around). The kit is available in five colors...blue, red, white, black and orange.

Entire set comes with door panels:

...both sizes of cup holder inserts...

...top cubby...

...fold down cup holders (held in with double sided sticky tape)...

...and the center console stuff, in the arm reset, under the dash, the "sauce holder" and the little cubby in the dash that some models have...but I didn't use this stuff...

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Little bit of an impulse buy. Splash of color and some grip/sound deadening (from things rattling around). The kit is available in five colors...blue, red, white, black and orange.

...top cubby...

...and the center console stuff, in the arm reset, under the dash, the "sauce holder" and the little cubby in the dash that some models have...but I didn't use this stuff...
Sweet !!! Vendor link? I want some too.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
So, I finally got a chance to see just how long it takes to swap out the mirrors. The good news is I only have to use two tools and one of those is optional. A trim remover and a 10mm socket. So much nicer not having to take the entire panel off.

As for the results...

The trim puller is optional, but if you're looking for a cheap, decent set, this is what I use:

If you would like a set of these heated power mirrors for your truck, this is the set I have:

If you're looking for a cheaper option, these aren't heated or power, but they'll do the job:

...and since I know everyone is missing their socket...here's a nice 10mm to get the job done:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts

...top cubby...

Bought 'em. Video being uploaded tonite. Thx for the link.
YouTube - Frontier Geek

Reactions: Graidian

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #316 (Edited)
I tried updating my "interior truck kit" post, but apparently when I last edited it...we were allowed more pictures per post...so...I will just add in some stuff here and link to it.

I added a basic set of binoculars, which are always handy to have for various events, bird watching, snooping if you're lost. Nicely enough when I ordered these binoculars they let me pick an extra little "goodie" so I picked a smaller set that I could tuck into my "bug out" bag. [Get yourself a set]

Along side those binoculars that are tucked in the bag, I also added my compass that has been floating around the truck but never had an offical home.

I also added a new gadget to my arsenal of camera equipment. It's nice and compact, charges quickly and can get into places I just can't for some good pictures and video. I totally didn't get this just for fun...it is a necessary tool that I must use daily. Totally.

I got the combo kit which came with extra batteries, carrying case, charge pack, etc. I have to say, I was a little skeptical about such a tiny little drone, but so far I have been so very impressed with this thing. It's light, easy to carry around, quiet when it's flying (compared to others) and can still take some great shots and get some awesome range. Just for testing I threw together a little video during our last camping trip, but this is totally not a toy, and totally part of my very necessary truck kit.

I highly recommend this little DJI Mavic Mini to anyone looking to get into the hobby...or anyone just looking for a smaller drone you can whip out and have fun with. I just recommend getting the combo...each battery gets you around half hour of flight, so this pack can get you and hour and a half worth of air time. [Check it out here]

301 - 316 of 316 Posts