Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mother foos

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apparently not... Thats what pisses me off.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
wow dude what a bunch of pussays. and really it cant be that loud. i remember my 4 banger wasnt .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah, I don't think they should have resorted to insults via a letter. That's kinda childish. It was probably a chick though. I don't think a guy would complain about a little exhaust rumble (unless it's really over the top). Plus, the handwriting's too nice to be a guy =)

Whether they came to you in person or not, you should still try to have some consideration for other people. I'm not saying remove your mods - just don't over rev for no reason or whatever.

Around my neighborhood there's some guy with a loud-a$s bike that always comes around late at night (2-3am). I hate that guy. He purposely revs the sh*t outta his bike as he passes the neighborhood. Not only that, but he's always BLARRING some crappy-a$s music. I'm normally still awake at those hours, but it still pi$ses me off! Been tempted to wait out for him with a paintball gun... =)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
HA! My friend just got one of those notes due to his new puppy that disturbs the neighbors by 'barking at other dogs that walk by' lol.
He just went door to door with the letter asking if they wrote it until he found a match. They didn't understand that it is normal for a dog to bark at another dog when it walks by it's territory.

·
Registered
431 Posts
can your 4 banger really be that loud? what are you running straight pipes?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
They're talking exhaust? When I first read it I was thinking stereo.

"Noisy neighbors" is a tricky thing and is a little "close to home" for me right now. I have talked to my neighbors before about their volume, it helped for that one time, but then they were right back at it. Loud music, yelling (I'm guessing while taking shots or something because it's one "woo-hoo" after another at the top of their lungs). Unfortunately, our houses are way too close and they're basically partying in my back yard. Some weekends they've been out there from 10am 'till 2am the next morning on both Sat & Sun. I started sleeping with a box fan in my room just for the white noise and with it and the windows closed, I can still hear them. I know neighbors several houses away have called the cops on them before.

But enough of my rants; this is your thread. The same neighbors, the guy has a Harley and before he put inserts in his mufflers it used to shake the pictures on the walls in my house. Exhaust isn't something that bothers me terribly and he is actually considerate with his bike; he's gone within 30 seconds of starting it and he's shut it down within 30 seconds of getting home. There are a couple of trucks in the neighborhood that are pretty loud (no picture shaking, but loud) but that's not a bothersome sound to me at all.

Good luck with it. I'm sure I'm not the best neighbor in the world. I know I've apologized to one neighbor a couple of times for cursing. I'd be mad at something I was working on and a steady stream of profanity would be flowing and then I'd look up and he'd be there. I don't know if it bothered him, but it kind of bothered me that I essentially did that in public. Everyone can annoy everyone else at some time or another; first thing you may want to do is put yourself in their shoes (tacky letter or not).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well I ain't knocken nuthen but here's my 2 cents. I live in the wild wild west, west bank of new orleans were gun shots wake you up as much as boom boom rap that all but shakes the windows outa the house. Now I had a neighbor that decided he needed to tune his harley and shake my house apart, guess he thought it would be funny. Never heard that motorcycle since but then again I didn't write no sissy *** letter & we pull pretty good now. Best to get along with neighboors if at all possible JMHO

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
This is a bummer, I had a neighbor leave a note asking me not to park in front of their house anymore. My truck doesn't fit in my spot so I have to park on the street like almost everyone else here. Kinda irritated me being it's a public street and people leave motorhomes and boats parked on the street all the time.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sly, you're thread title says it all "Love thy neighbor". Always try to live peacefully. I've seen these "neighborly quarrels" escalate real quick into the most ridiculous long term headaches, that could have been avoided. That being said I know some people will never be happy and imo you should be able to make a lot of noise from about 7 am to 11 pm +/-.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You would be welcome in my neighborhood, there's kids in civics that are probably louder than you could imagine that drive by at dark 30 all the time. Its not so bad since the one guy that had a civic that sounded like it was running straight pipes. Worst part was, he kept selling them and getting another one, at least once a month, and they all sounded all extremely loud, always threw the RPMs up real high on every street, and all sounded like crap.

try and talk to said neighbors. whoever they are. I'm sure with a little reasoning and proof that you aren't compensating for anything (which i'm sure you aren't...) they will stop leaving notecards on your house.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
You would be welcome in my neighborhood, there's kids in civics that are probably louder than you could imagine that drive by at dark 30 all the time. Its not so bad since the one guy that had a civic that sounded like it was running straight pipes. Worst part was, he kept selling them and getting another one, at least once a month, and they all sounded all extremely loud, always threw the RPMs up real high on every street, and all sounded like crap.

try and talk to said neighbors. whoever they are. I'm sure with a little reasoning and proof that you aren't compensating for anything (which i'm sure you aren't...) they will stop leaving notecards on your house.

^Agreed we had problems with the civic crowd in our neighborhood. There was one kid riding around without a license. He caused trouble in the neighborhood. He didnt care how loud or annoying it was at 3am for something that sounded like rattlecanned bumblebee's to be sounding off the neighbors. Then there was the guy down the street in the ghetto civic where he just cut the exhaust so it could sound mean. Yeah that pile sounded horrible as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Don't know what the problem could be, I mean how loud the 4 banger could be. If you have some headers or whatever just try an ease in and out of your neighborhood. Best to keep the peace & be willing to take a little more crap from a neighbor than you would most folks. I would show the note around the neighborhood and ask if your truck has been bothering people. Hopefuly you get along good enough that someone would let you know, Of course if you know the answer and it's true cut it out. Remember if you live there long enough, and over the years one day your neighboors are bound to see you at a weak moment. Best to have good neighbors & be a good neighbor it'l pay off in the long run.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
reminds me of when i was in college I had some one the apartment complain to the mangment about my "black Dodge charger" that was screaming around the complex. Well I drove a black 71 nova, and there was black 68 coronet in complex also so I could see were they got the 2 B bodies confused but they specifcaly put in my apartment number.. any way up shot was they were calling an complaing when i was in class.. so it wasn;t me.. SO I understand your pain man.. and I at least had a 350 with well worn out glass packs to make a nice sound.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
This thread reveals a lot about the ClubFrontier community.

The younger crowd perceive an insult in the timid message left by the neighbor. They want to drop the gloves and jump ugly with the perpetrator. It is as if owning a truck bestows an unmitigated right to drive it as one pleases. As this group gets older, lifestyles will change, and they will understand why others do not appreciate a growly exhaust at certain times of the day.

There are reasons why California is the road rage capitol of America. Too many people living close together. Sly may laugh off the notecard. But the next person he offends may be a skinhead who may use a different way to communicate.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts