Nissan Frontier Forum banner

gotta love power windows

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  devious1 
#1 ·
has anybody had a problem with one of the buttons not working on and off. my front passenger side dosent like to roll up if i use the drivers side controls. i just wanted to see if anybody has had this happen and had a quick fix for it. i'm going to take it apart either today or tomorrow and see if its a loose connection or something.

#4 ·
I had the same thing you are describing happen on my RX-7.
Intermittently working switch on the driver's window.
Popped the switch out and tested it for continuity and no good.
Called the Mazda stealership and they wanted some ungodly amount for the switch.
So before I paid those thieves what they wanted I figured I'd take it apart for the hell of it, after all what's the worst that could happen.
The contacts were blackish, pretty obvious why they weren't making a circuit.
Cleaned them up with some fine grit sandpaper, put the switch back together and presto, it worked again.

For what it's worth that switch looked unserviceable and sealed pretty well (but I was determined) so I had to cut and pry it apart carefully to get to the guts.
Moral of the story, even if it doesn't look like it should open, there is always a way.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.