Nissan Frontier Forum banner
721 - 740 of 784 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
i didnt like i had no brights
My lows are extremely bright and well worth the switch but the high beams seem to shine higher and far but seems like they are too spread out.
As said before though, with lows and fogs I need no high beams. Don’t get me wrong they work but are better suited for hilly roads in my area. Even without fogs these are great!

I’m thinking this is what you mean by no high beams..

·
Premium Member
12,354 Posts
i guess they technically did have brights, but they are aimed in such a way that they flag down airplanes and do nothing for your nighttime viewing.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
I think I'm going to go this route while we wait for the XB headlights. The only thing that makes me nervous is how blue these look (or at least from the photo/videos). I'm typically a 5000K guy and I don't want super blue lights.
I agree 100%, back in the HID days i always went 5000k, I have the katana's too and the 6500K is definitely bluer than I'd like but you get used to it and eventually don't even think about it.
Wow, I didn't know about the Morimoto's coming. just watched the youtube vid. Do we know what color temp they will be? i couldn't find any more info on them... even an ETA. i'm a bit surprised they didnt go with LED turn bulbs, hopefully i could just swap them in... i have a feeling those headlights are gonna be really expensive. i have the mori fogs and i'm not sure they were worth the price.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I agree 100%, back in the HID days i always went 5000k, I have the katana's too and the 6500K is definitely bluer than I'd like but you get used to it and eventually don't even think about it.
Wow, I didn't know about the Morimoto's coming. just watched the youtube vid. Do we know what color temp they will be? i couldn't find any more info on them... even an ETA. i'm a bit surprised they didnt go with LED turn bulbs, hopefully i could just swap them in... i have a feeling those headlights are gonna be really expensive. i have the mori fogs and i'm not sure they were worth the price.
they are shooting for this winter... from the looks of the others cars XB lights.... should be a 5k ... more details to come... they are REALLY responsive on instagram!

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
they are shooting for this winter... from the looks of the others cars XB lights.... should be a 5k ... more details to come... they are REALLY responsive on instagram!
I noticed the FB post actually says October so I wonder if that got pushed back.
Unfortunately I just looked on their site at their existing headlight offerings and see a range from around $900 up to $2k for certain trucks. Ouch... That is going to be a deal breaker for most of us. I guess ETA won't matter now! It would be next year for me.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I noticed the FB post actually says October so I wonder if that got pushed back.
Unfortunately I just looked on their site at their existing headlight offerings and see a range from around $900 up to $2k for certain trucks. Ouch... That is going to be a deal breaker for most of us. I guess ETA won't matter now! It would be next year for me.
Yes, I realize that there are folk who will always buy Bentley's, Aston Martins and Rolls Royce's, but expecting $2k for a set of headlamps? Ummmm, in my best Austin Powers voice " how about neeeeeeoooooooo". That would cover my lift kit including new Bilstein 6112s and my full set of skids. To each, their own.

Reactions: Xclimation

·
Registered
356 Posts
if you look at the f150 hybrid headlights, there $800. These should be similar.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
ya for $2k um NO but for 800...mmmmm... ill make some more pb&js

·
Registered
2016 Pro-4X
29 Posts
There's at least half a dozen other brands that look very similar - Might give one of those a shot to see if they work OK.

NINEO
I bought and installed a set of the NINEO bulbs (the Katanas in Canada were selling for $125 here, ouch). So, I decided to try a different similar looking set. Overall, I was NOT impressed and ended up returning them.

Yes, they were brighter, but the light was very uneven and splotchy. I could see three hot spot/ghosts in the beam pattern of each headlamp. The highbeams were nice and bright.

It could just have been my set, bit the fans were quite loud and buzzed intermittently.

And, the real deal breaker was that the required daytime running light (legally required here in BC) no longer functioned. Yes, I could manually turn on the lights, but then all the lights on the dash went to night mode and dimmed.

Tried it out for a week and ended up returning them. Pics below of street showing uneven (splotchy) light pattern. Next time I'll take the photo in front of a smooth wall.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So a wall, but not a garage...Got it.

I'll pop an old bulb back in one side and take a few pix later this evening.

Meanwhile, you can view several other people's pictures of their installs, already posted in the reviews section of that same Amazon web page.
That’s on check! 🎤 😂 🔥

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
I bought and installed a set of the NINEO bulbs (the Katanas in Canada were selling for $125 here, ouch). So, I decided to try a different similar looking set. Overall, I was NOT impressed and ended up returning them.

Yes, they were brighter, but the light was very uneven and splotchy. I could see three hot spot/ghosts in the beam pattern of each headlamp. The highbeams were nice and bright.

It could just have been my set, bit the fans were quite loud and buzzed intermittently.

And, the real deal breaker was that the required daytime running light (legally required here in BC) no longer functioned. Yes, I could manually turn on the lights, but then all the lights on the dash went to night mode and dimmed.

Tried it out for a week and ended up returning them. Pics below of street showing uneven (splotchy) light pattern. Next time I'll take the photo in front of a smooth wall.
But you returned them... so... :unsure: :D

·
Registered
409 Posts

View attachment 327893
I used Morimoto LED's...$140 USD and I like them. I have them in Spyder assemblies.

Reactions: Skilledomatic1

·
Registered
740 Posts
After examining web photos of the Katana v Nineo 9007 LED modules, the Nineo appear to have the
LED devices positioned opposite of the Katana's. What I don't know is whether the poor performance
described above could have been minimalized if the 'bulb' was rotated 180º....or the setscrew loosened
and have the LED portion rotated. dunno
Glove Product Gadget Sports gear Font

·
Registered
2016 Pro-4X
29 Posts
After examining web photos of the Katana v Nineo 9007 LED modules, the Nineo appear to have the
LED devices positioned opposite of the Katana's. What I don't know is whether the poor performance
described above could have been minimalized if the 'bulb' was rotated 180º....or the setscrew loosened
and have the LED portion rotated. dunno
View attachment 327896
It's definitely a good thought. With all the discussion about mounting right side up vs upside down, I tried rotating the NINEO bulbs in both directions several times. The front collar bit just slides on (no set screw, simply a friction fit). So I was able to rotate the bulbs while installed. They were definitely installed right side up (switching to high beams raised the light). It was interesting to see the pattern change in real time as I rotated the bulbs, but the spread/pattern/coverage was never even.

·
Registered
2016 Pro-4X
29 Posts
I tried rotating the NINEO bulbs in both directions several times. The front collar bit just slides on (no set screw, simply a friction fit). So I was able to rotate the bulbs while installed. They were definitely installed right side up (switching to high beams raised the light). It was interesting to see the pattern change in real time as I rotated the bulbs, but the spread/pattern/coverage was never even.
Further, there would be a small 'snap' you could feel as the grooves on the front part of the mount (in front of the o-ring) lined up with the nubs on the headlight assembly. However, the NINEOS never felt fully seated or locked in.

·
Super Moderator
11,883 Posts
Anyone use a brand named Fahren?

Clint

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #738 ·

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,649 Posts

View attachment 327893
Just turn your lights on every time you hop in the truck. They will shut off after a short period of time if you leave them on (can't remember - something like 10 mins or there abouts)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just turn your lights on every time you hop in the truck. They will shut off after a short period of time if you leave them on (can't remember - something like 10 mins or there abouts)
mine don't do that.

721 - 740 of 784 Posts