Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided just to go with the 4x4 parts 2" kit only took about two hours and me and my buddy had pretty mean hangovers just thought id put some pics up to show it off but instead of moving the rear bumper up till i get a custom one fabed up i just covered the gap with 1/8" x3" steel to cover it also in the last pic what did all you other guys with body lifts do about the electrical stuff on the pasenger side behind the front tire doesnt seem good to leave it out in the open like that

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
lookin good...

i've occasionally wondered off and on what i could do to protect that wire loom which is slightly more exposed with my 3" BL. That wondering combined with laziness has been going on for a good 2-3 years.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was planning on some sliders its definitly a good idea that harness just seems a little more open to the elements now just wonderin if anyone has moved it up a little higher some how

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fair enough i guess its good where it is ive never seen any threads on breakin that harness yet and if it aint broke dont fix it lol

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Lookin' Goood!

Some BL angled sliders would be/look killer.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
too bad i wont be able to get some sliders on before the meet at pc

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
truck looks good with the lift, i'm going to be doing that same lift myself in the next month or two hopefully. i'm going to copy your idea for the steel on the back bumper, where did you get the steel though? and how did you mount it?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Wow, dude that looks so good! You have inspired me to do the same. I think i'm going to go from a 2 inch block in the rear to a 1 incher. Then do a 2 inch body lift, that way the truch will level out. Thats a nice touch to hide the gap above the rear fender.

1) where did you get your body lift?
2) what did you do about the front bumper gap? It looks like you corrected it already.
3) would it be possible for you to do it on your own?

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
1) where did you get your body lift?
2) what did you do about the front bumper gap? It looks like you corrected it already.
3) would it be possible for you to do it on your own?
He got it from 4x4 parts. They come with bumper relocation brackets for the front bumper, but not the rear. If you know your way around the tools and the truck it's definitely doable by yourself. But if you don't know what you are doing, please take it to a shop.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
He got it from 4x4 parts. They come with bumper relocation brackets for the front bumper, but not the rear. If you know your way around the tools and the truck it's definitely doable by yourself. But if you don't know what you are doing, please take it to a shop.
Ive been a motorcycle mechanic for 12 years. I'm assumeing I can handle it. I was asking more about lifting the the body, as in is it to heavy to do with one person?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
truck looks good with the lift, i'm going to be doing that same lift myself in the next month or two hopefully. i'm going to copy your idea for the steel on the back bumper, where did you get the steel though? and how did you mount it?
i got the steel at my local steel yard should be able to get it at any steel or fabrication shop only cost $9 for the steel so if you mess one up some how not expensive to replace and to mount it theres already two holes that hold up the the sleeve that u slide your poles through to let your spare tire down just pop the plastic pins out then all i did was drill a hole at each end and mounted it with 1/4" cairrage bolts was pretty easy just dont foget once you get it all drilled to primer and paint or else will just turn to a rusty mess

Ive been a motorcycle mechanic for 12 years. I'm assumeing I can handle it. I was asking more about lifting the the body, as in is it to heavy to do with one person?
to lift the body read the diy bodylift thread theres pics and usefull info in there that will help with the storebought kit too everyone uses a floorjack and some wood 2x4,4x4 but i would definintly read the whole thread because when i got my body lift it came with a stack of paper work and instructions they might have sent me directions for a 3 inch kit so reading that thread saved me from a lot of extra work

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
thanks for getting back with the info about the steel, can't go wrong for $9

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for getting back with the info about the steel, can't go wrong for $9
no prob and yeah thats what i though $9 and maybe $2 worth of bolts and washers if that let me know if u need any other pics glad to help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts