Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Newbie here, and yes I have done some reading, admittedly probably not enough. If there are links please share. I have the single CD, non touch radio, w/iPod I/F, & XM (not sure what model that is) and steering wheel controls on both sides of the wheel and the B/U camera. I tend to go with OEM upgrades (yeah I realize they are compromises). Our truck does not have the Rockford Fosgate (RF) system (when I first read about RF systems, I naively assumed it stood for "radio frequency", ha ha). What OEM system(s) will work and what effort is involved?

I come from the VW side of the house where when I upgraded the OEM radio/CD/XM/iPod to OEM radio/CD/XM/iPod/nav all I had to do was buy it, and add the GPS antenna. I read that it may not be that simple on the Frontier.
Frontier OEM radio.jpg

·
Registered
592 Posts
It looks like you'd have to do some cutting and splicing since the connectors changed in 2015, but it should work.

I'd like to install the 7" touch screen radio from an '18-'19 into my '16. Looking at eBay pictures, it seems like it should be a direct swap. Mine has XM radio (which I never use) so I'm wondering if I'll get some error message with the antenna not being hooked up to something.

For anyone curious, the OEM part number for my '16 is 28185-9BM1A and the OEM part number for a '18-'19 radio is 28021-9BS0C.

Reactions: kc-guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next question: Does the Bosch nav radio need a "radio code" to be keyed in as anti-theft measure? I wasn't clever enough to ask about that prior to purchase, and the unit came without an obvious code. When I circled back to the seller, he was unable to find any code in his manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts