Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to my new house! I closed today @ 10am and I officially have my 1st home...1,6xx sq.ft/ 3 bedroom/2bath/ 2 car carport/ large corner lot/ privacy fence back yard/large living room with fireplace / dining room connected to kitchen w/ large walk in laundry room/ and great foyer w/ glass front door..I got it for $117,500 w/ seller paying all closing and the kitchen fully furnished.

So far I have a king size bed and mattress/washer and dryer/ 2 42" lcds. lol. I went looking today and found the living room/dining room furniture I want but havent bought yet.

I just spend $350 on paint to repaint all the walls in the house...Right now its dingy looking w/ old paint so I will freshen it up..Cant wait to get it all started!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congrats, and thanks for helping to get out economy moving again ;).

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Congrats! Cant wait till im there

·
Registered
602 Posts
:fantastic: congrats now you can walk around naked in your house and nobody can say anything

ooo nvm thats what i would do :laugh:

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Congrats!

:fantastic: congrats now you can walk around with naked chicks in your house and nobody can say anything

ooo nvm thats what i would do :laugh:
^fixed. lol.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
congrats man.
i wish the housing market wasn't so out of control out here in socal. i can't even get a decent condo around here for that price.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Time to pack it with KIDS!

·
Registered
196 Posts
wtf.where are these houses at?Im in philly and i paid 225,000 for 1700 sq with a finished basement and a 40x40 backyard.Guess i hope everything works out in sept when i go to north carolina.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Party at Pro2X's house!!!!

Congrats dude!
Now you will always have something that needs to be done (home maintenance).

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
congrats...home ownership is a gift and a curse in the same breathe. but i wouldnt trade it for anything. its nice coming home and knowing your name is on title, not the landlord's

best of luck, and good advice is one project at a time. they drain your energy and finances

wtf.where are these houses at?Im in philly and i paid 225,000 for 1700 sq with a finished basement and a 40x40 backyard.Guess i hope everything works out in sept when i go to north carolina.
i'd be happy with that. i have 1800 sq ft and i paid 315,000 2 yrs ago. but im in northern jersey, about 30 minutes from NYC

·
Registered
397 Posts
Seriously, around here, you can't get in a house with that much space for less than $250,000 if your lucky, closer to 265,000. Good luck with home ownership!

Dan

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
There is a house 2 streets away that I am keeping in my radar. 130,000 for 1500 sq ft.

We currently rent and the owner decided to sell, they want 140,000 for our 1300 sq ft house.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats! I love home ownership, but you now have two drains to your bank account. :)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone...I will post up some pics soon. Im going to be remodeling a good bit but I will go ahead and show the before..

Plans:
(Kitchen/Dining/Foyer/Laudryroom are all connected)
Kitchen - Retiling the floors to get rid of the white tile, granite countertops,add nicer sink and faucet, and add nice hardware to cabinets, and paint
Foyer - paint walls and retile floor
Dining - paint walls and retile floor
Laudryroom - paint and retile floor

Living room - Get rid of paneling walls and put up sheetrock, paint, install new ceiling fan

Hallway - Paint

Master Bedroom - Take up carpet and expose hardwood, paint, install new ceiling fan
Master Bath - Retile floor and shower, paint

2nd bathroom - paint, install new mirror

2nd and 3rd bedrooms - staying as is

Exterior - paint shutters, paint front door, fill in yard holes with sand, remove both sheds from backyard, manicure yard

thats about it for now...lol

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Holy chit man, that's quite a list.
It's always something with a house.

First house we were there for ten years.
Took us most of the ten years until we had it the way we wanted it.

Current house we've been there 8 years 3 months and my to-do list is really small.
Next up master bedroom and upstairs hallway are getting hardwood flooring installed by me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts