Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the Sway Bar installed thanks to my Friend Brian Haney, and his air tools. Big difference to me, not as twitchy and cornering speeds are a lot better. Seems more stable, IMHO. Nice to have the adjustability too. Thank, Bob

·
Registered
582 Posts
Did you install it yourself?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you install it yourself?
I have a bad back so Brian did the bulk of it. Wasn't bad...drilling 3 holes was the hardest part. Measure 3 times, drill 1 time...lol. Very straightforward install. Easier than my 1977 Datsun 620 or my 1988 Chevy Silverado.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Polyeurthane sway bar and end link bushings in front will also have a noticeable difference.
I got a set of these a few years ago, don't recall the brand, and ended up taking them back off because the sway bar almost immediately worked its way into the slit in the urethane. Anything out there now that's better? It did improve the handling initially.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
3,374 Posts
I got a set of these a few years ago, don't recall the brand, and ended up taking them back off because the sway bar almost immediately worked its way into the slit in the urethane. Anything out there now that's better? It did improve the handling initially.
Which brand poly bushings do you speak of?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Butterman2473 did you do the end links too ? Having trouble finding Poly's .

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Butterman2473 did you do the end links too ? Having trouble finding Poly's .
Yes sir.

Are your Red Ones squeaky ?
Negative. Not squeky at all. They actually came with a grease fitting that I had to replace with a screw that has a lower profile than the fitting. The idler arm would've sheared the grease fitting off.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes sir.

Negative. Not squeky at all. They actually came with a grease fitting that I had to replace with a screw that has a lower profile than the fitting. The idler arm would've sheared the grease fitting off.
I can't find ANY listings for Poly's for a 2019...pissing me off about now...LOL !

Reactions: butterman2473

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I can't find ANY listings for Poly's for a 2019...pissing me off about now...LOL !
I can't remember where I read about the bushings I bought but it listed part #'s. I actually had to do some trimming on the end link bushings to get them to seat properly.
Maybe one of these universal fits will work for ya.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't remember where I read about the bushings I bought but it listed part #'s. I actually had to do some trimming on the end link bushings to get them to seat properly.
Maybe one of these universal fits will work for ya.
Thanks I'll check it out...the truck has about 900 miles on it so the end links aren't important...just looking for the centers. Bob

·
Registered
582 Posts
How was the frame drilling? That seemed a little sketchy to me, everything lined up nice?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How was the frame drilling? That seemed a little sketchy to me, everything lined up nice?
The one hole on the inside of the drivers side is already there. Pilot Punch thru and you'll have your mark for the outside hole. On the Passenger side measure back from the last "factory" hole and mark in the center of the frame rail. We swung the end link up to get it parallel and marked for the hole. Drilled and Pilot Punched thru to mark the other side. Then drilled that. I'll post some pics so you can see the location. The pass. side is almost 90 degree end link to sway bar...but the drivers side is angled back a little because of the shock mount and the existing hole we started with. Confused ? Pics will make it clear. Step Drill Bit required or suggested because the outside frame holes are a little larger...all explained in the directions.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got you some pics. First two are the passenger side...last two are drivers side. On the drivers side you see why it's farther back (shock mount) and also driver side uses the spacer. Pretty straight forward install.

Reactions: speed demon

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Might be wise to contact Energy Suspension for front sway bar bushings to avoid the issue that @yamato72 had with the Prothane bushings.
The slit on the Energy Suspension bushings is on the side. See attached pic.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Might be wise to contact Energy Suspension for front sway bar bushings to avoid the issue that @yamato72 had with the Prothane bushings.
The slit on the Energy Suspension bushings is on the side. See attached pic.
Thanks for the heads up...I'll research further. Bob

1 - 20 of 52 Posts