Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New tires installed today! I chose the Cooper because it has good availability and it's got very good reviews. I would have gone for the BFG KM2 but they are still not available in that dimension in the Greek market.

Anyway, the truck has changed significantly with the new tires, ride is waaaay smoother compared to the considerable smaller Bighorns I had on which were much noisier.

That's what our trucks should be like when coming out of the factory!

I'll post a more thorough review on the tires after I've put some kms on them.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
How much total lift are you running? It looks really good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks great! I have put a few miles on mine now and still enjoy them. Get lots of looks and drive really good for a mud tire. I unloade them with the wheels and put them on at home and they are not as heavy as they look.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Looks great. Haven't heard anybody complain about their STTs. I like the wheels you are running. Wish we had that option here in the states.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much total lift are you running? It looks really good.
3" from the suspension front & rear plus the added height from the tires which is quite considerable. I had to "climb" in so as to get in my seat after the new tires were installed.

I've put some kms on them yesterday and they ride much smoother than the smaller Bighorns. Fuel consumption doesn't seem to have increased but I'm also driving with the aircon on so I can't be very objective on it yet. I used to spin my previous 255/65R17 when I pressed the gas pedal a bit more but not anymore. Traction on tarmac seems very nice and the truck behaves much better with those meats on.

And thanks to all of you folks for the great ideas & information! Finally the truck looks the way I wanted it to be!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, I noticed that at full turn the tires rub on the lower portion of the chassis. Anyone else with this problem? I guess solutions are either not fully turning the wheels or getting offset wheels. And I thought I was done with expenses.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not trying to change the subject, but what are those wheels you are running? I have not seem them before. Tires AND wheels look great BTW.....

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not trying to change the subject, but what are those wheels you are running? I have not seem them before. Tires AND wheels look great BTW.....
Thank you very much. Wheels are stock and I don't know anything about them but I'm having rubbing issues on the chassis probably because they don't have much or any offset at all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hi

could you pls measure the overall diameter of your tires?
i had rubbing issues with 265/70r17 on the stock wheels aswell but only at full drop.
stock rims are 7x17 et30, i´m running 8x16 et20 with 30mm spacers on each side(still rubbing with my 315/75) i would like to go back to your size aswell. probably they will rub aswell without the spacers.

try some spacers on yours to get rid of the rubbing. i don´t know if you are allowed to have the tires sticking out in greece. in austria we are not so i have to have flares on mine.
i would like to mount bushwackers and hope they 285s are covered even with the spacers

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi

could you pls measure the overall diameter of your tires?
i had rubbing issues with 265/70r17 on the stock wheels aswell but only at full drop.
stock rims are 7x17 et30, i´m running 8x16 et20 with 30mm spacers on each side(still rubbing with my 315/75) i would like to go back to your size aswell. probably they will rub aswell without the spacers.

try some spacers on yours to get rid of the rubbing. i don´t know if you are allowed to have the tires sticking out in greece. in austria we are not so i have to have flares on mine.
i would like to mount bushwackers and hope they 285s are covered even with the spacers
Just measured the overall diameter of the tire and it is 83cm (1"=2,54cm) so 32,67" total.
I visited both a 4x4 dealer and the guy whom I got the tires from and they both told me that rubbing is so minimal that I shouldn't get into spacers (he had 3cm spacers), besides they both told me that I shouldn't fully lock the wheels when manoeuvering because it causes problems to the steering system and especially off-road.

Spacers would also make tires stick out (not allowed in Greece) plus they'd cause rubbing on the fenderwells.
Probably I'll go for some other wheels in the future but that's long-term.

Greece and probably other countries are soooo far behind concerning modding up vehicles :thatswck:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts