Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went and picked up my new tires the other day and i'm going tomorrow to get the new to me wheels. They are michelin xl's. They are 11.00-16's and measure a true 38 inches. I will have them mounted sunday morning at friends shop. But for now heres some pics.

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics. I'll bring the camera with me sunday when they get mounted.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
oooooeee them puppies gonna hum

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually they are pretty quite tires. I would say they are about as loud as a set of bfg at's.

I think they will work pretty well here in florida. I switched to 4.9 gears instead of the 4.3's, i don't think i'm going to need anymore gear for the mud and sand here.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
quiet really? the xls we had on our 939 series trucks where louder than shieza

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
about a sixth...

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
nice

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
35's on 4.9's in our truck isn't quite enough power, uphill climbs when driving on the road can suck. Houdini is running 37's and crawler gears or 5.13's and even he says it's pushing it. Just a heads up. Power is definitely going to be lacking at times, but you should be fine depending on what you are driving to/from.

·
Registered
70 Posts
WOW good luck trying to drive up hills on the highway. On my first gen with 33's I was really lacking....stock gearing but still really lacking.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The nice thing about living in florida is there are no hills... i mean no hills. I do plan to go with some 5.38's if rugged rocks and superior due team up and come out with them but i don't know if there is going to be enough interest ( i won't pay 450 dollars for a set of gears from ac).Also i had 4.3's originally so the 4.9's felt like a good enough jump to me. I deffinatly won't have all the power i want, but with this gearing and low range i will be able to go through just about anything in fl. I do have another set of axles i want to put under the truck but i really want to finish this portion of the build first so i can enjoy it now and make the URE run at the end of this year, then i will tear it all back apart after the first of the year to build it bigger and better. Hopefully running the matching 4.88's up front will save the stock shafts for now, i do have spare shafts but don't want to spend money to upgrade the 44 when it's only going to be in there 6-8 more months.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Impressive! Can't wait to see them on.

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
The nice thing about living in florida is there are no hills... i mean no hills. I do plan to go with some 5.38's if rugged rocks and superior due team up and come out with them but i don't know if there is going to be enough interest ( i won't pay 450 dollars for a set of gears from ac).Also i had 4.3's originally so the 4.9's felt like a good enough jump to me. I deffinatly won't have all the power i want, but with this gearing and low range i will be able to go through just about anything in fl. I do have another set of axles i want to put under the truck but i really want to finish this portion of the build first so i can enjoy it now and make the URE run at the end of this year, then i will tear it all back apart after the first of the year to build it bigger and better. Hopefully running the matching 4.88's up front will save the stock shafts for now, i do have spare shafts but don't want to spend money to upgrade the 44 when it's only going to be in there 6-8 more months.
Are you planning on driving the truck to URE or trailering it?

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Are you planning on driving the truck to URE or trailering it?
I hope he makes it there either way because id like to see the truck in person.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts